In a dream, God told a man, “Every morning, go out and push up against this rock”. Out of obedience, this man went out and pushed against the rock, every morning. Though he pushed against it every day, the rock didn’t move. He finally asked the Lord what he was up to. He had been pushing against this rock for weeks and it hadn’t moved. What was God up to?
God finally responds to the man and says, “I told you to push against the rock, not move it. God says, “I’m the only one that can move this rock and when you are ready, I will move it”. God told the man, “Look at your arms”. The guy looked down at his arms and he noticed that he had muscles. Though the man thought pushing against the rock had been fruitless, he discovered that while he was doing it, he had gained strength that he had never had before. Pushing the rock was part of the process.
Start appreciating the process. Through the process, God is giving you strength and endurance. He getting you ready for what you have been asking for. ~ Bishop Joseph Walker
- growintheword on You got to go through it!, Sermon 04/24/13
- angereda haynes on You got to go through it!, Sermon 04/24/13
- Bettye Dodson on Genesis IV, Bible Study 11/30/16
- growintheword on How To Study Pray & Win Part 2, Bible Study 9/7/16
- Bettye Dodson on How To Study Pray & Win Part 2, Bible Study 9/7/16