Synopsis of Sermon 3.19.17
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Psalms 30:5 says For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.
None of us are immune to pain. We have to learn to shift from what has occurred in our lives and turn to a point of a testimony. You must learn transcend your pain and move to the glory of God. The enemy knows if you tell somebody God is able, then they too, will come out of their situation, just like you did.
It is not only important that you come out, you got to come out whole. Know that what you go through is not just for you. Make up in your mind that your story will not end like your situation is right now. God will transcend you from tears to testimony. People whose life was in desperation transcended from the situation, because they saw God’s hand moving to bring them out!
This Psalms is a psalm dealing with the house of David and how he came back from a terrible situation. David was in a bad place psychology and physically. Psalm 30:3 (NKJV) 3 O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.[a]– When David was writing this, he was aware that God sustained him during a point that was designed to take him out.
David was gravely ill. In Psalm 30:2 (NKJV) it says 2 O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. – Healing can happen in a variety of ways. You can be healed emotionally, spiritually, or physically. God can not only heal you, he can heal you without scars. You have to let others know that what was about to take you out, became your testimony.
There are some things about God that must be understood.
I. Revelation of his anger
Psalms 30:5a – For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; …
- Whatever you go through as a child of God, it is important that you don’t let the enemy control the narrative of who God is in your life. The nature of God is not determined by your situation, but instead it is determined by revelation.
- God doesn’t hold grudges, he extends grace. God never remains angry. God is not like man and holds grudges for years and years. Certain people hold grudges for years. God’s grace will keep you from being consumed by the test of your trials.
- We live in a world where we want God to punish people. God is not like man. The fact that you are here is a testimony of God’s grace. We all got our list of stuff that has ticked us off. I give God the glory, because he looked beyond my faults and saw all my needs!
- God wants everything connected to you to live. God extends his favor to you so that it flows from God, to you. 2 John 15:1-2 (NKJV) says 15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, God takes away;[a]and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.- Gods desire is that everything connected to you, must bear fruit. If things that are connected to you don’t bear fruit, then he disconnects it. Stop running after stuff God disconnected from you. Hanging on to stuff that is disconnected, will spoil your vine.
- Those things bringing forth fruit, God prunes so that it can bear more fruit. Where you are going, you can’t take people who are comfortable producing in one season, but not in the new season.
- You can’t go with me, if you don’t grow with me. John 10:10 (NKJV) says 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have itmore abundantly. – It is God’s desire that everything in your life lives. God doesn’t hold grudges; he gives me My existence today is a result of what I don’t deserve. Everything connected to me in this season, must live. Don’t get mad when God prunes you. Everything connected with you directly and indirectly will live because of the favor over your life.
- His anger is but for a moment and his favor gives life.
II. Rest in his assurance
When you understand this, you can rest in the promises of God.
Psalms 30:5b – Weeping may endure for a night …
- The tendency here is for us to convince ourselves that we are super-human. God doesn’t need this from us. Some of this stuff that happens, hurts. Sometimes people just don’t appreciate your value. Know that it is ok to cry.
- Many of us were taught that men were not supposed to cry, but know that there is nothing wrong with crying.
- There is not wrong with crying if you cry in faith. God moves when our faith is in actions, not our feelings. If you are in your feelings, this is why God isn’t moving. God don’t move in your feelings; he moves in your favor.
- Romans 12:15 (NKJV) 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. – People around your cry. We as Christians, cry too, but not like the world cries.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8 (NKJV) says 8 We arehard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; – Your tears and your trouble both have term limits. Weeping is optional, but the night season is inevitable. Weeping may endure for a night!
- Your tears and trouble should have term limits. Don’t give your tears tenure. Whatever you are going through, know that this too, shall pass! Whatever it is, know that it is temporary!
- Don’t make permanent decisions during temporary situations. Cry and get out. After today, it’s done! What is ahead of me is better than what’s been!
III. Rejoice with awareness
- Psalms 30:5c says Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. – How is the conjunction in the scripture relevant? Conjunction, junction, what’s your function? Conjunctions cancel out preexisting actions. When we get to the “but” which is a conjunction, it disqualifies the power of what has happened before it. i.e. “They said I would never be nothing, but …”
- You change, before it changed. In the midst of your tears, you received revelation that God was still working on your behalf. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV) says 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. – When you get a revelation, it will change everything. Joy comes in the morning.
- Joy has nothing to do with happenings, but instead internal revelation and revelation comes in the morning.
- When we understand God’s plan for our lives, it generates a response of thanksgiving, even if my situation has not changed. The joy came from the revelation in the night.
- It can still be dark, when joy shows up. Note that the morning is not determined by the To prove it, we say “good night” at midnight, but at 12:01 we say “good morning”. It’s still dark, but it’s still morning. Everything looks the same at 12:01am, but the one thing that has changed is my awareness. I am aware that it is morning, even though it looks like it’s night. In like manner, you got an awareness that God is up to something and he has shifted you into a new season even though your situation still looks dark.
- If you’ve changed and your situation hasn’t, why are you acting as though your situation has? The reason we give God the glory with a smile on our face, despite how our situation looks, it is because we survived the night!