Putting your life in order III
Bible study 01/21/15
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Fear is such a part of your faith, that it is the only thing that Satan can use to derail you from your destiny. If you allow fear into your life, you will miss out on the things God has intended for your life.
Manifests of fear
- Relationships would be at the top of the list for manifestations of fear.This is not good though, because where there is fear, there is no trust.
- Recognize that if you have fear, it did not come from God. 2 Tim 1:7 says 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- Fear is also not an attribute of one’s life. Know that fear is a spirit, so you have to be spiritual to confront a spirit.
- The bible says God has not given us the spirit of fear, but he has given us power, love, and sound mind. The same dominion that God gave to us in the garden (with Adam and Eve), was recovered when Jesus was crucified. On the cross Jesus said that all power in heaven and earth had been given to him. Because of this, now we walk in dominion once again.
- Know that what we are afraid of fears us. Whenever Jesus would walk in where demons were present they would say, “What do you have to do with us?” without Jesus ever saying anything to them first. This shows that the devil and his demons even recognize Jesus’ authority. We have to recognize that we have this same authority and if demons recognize this authority then why don’t we?
- If we love Him, then we trust Him. We have to trust that God can deal with whatever it is that has us up all night, because we trust the One (Jesus) that we love.
- He gives us a sound mind. Fear will give you Fear is in your mind, it is imagination. It gets you off your focus. When I look at something that will make me afraid, I don’t let it get in my head.
- Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less ~ Marie Curie
- When you live in fear, it is unnatural. We walk around thinking fear it is natural part of life, but it really isn’t. You have to accept that as a believer, being fearless should be a natural part of your life.
- Where there is fear, there is no faith. Fear is a feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presenting imagination. It is also the extreme reverence for; as toward supreme power. This then demonstrates that there is good fear and bad fear.
- Good fear – Prov 1:7 says 7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction. – The fear of the Lord is knowledge. When I get revelation, I realize the stuff that I am afraid of is beneath us.
- Prov 8:13 says 13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.
- Prov 10:27 says 27 The fear of the Lord prolongs days, But the years of the wicked will be shortened. – The fear of the wicked literally tries to scare you to death. The remarkable thing about fearing God is when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you are fear everything else! – There has to come a time where you can say you are never scared.
Top 12 fears people have in culture based on studies
- 40% of people have topophobia – This is fear of speaking before a group (Bishop shares that if he hadn’t overcome this fear, he would not be teaching or preaching today.
- 30% of people have acrophobia – The fear of heights.
- 20% of people have entomophobia – The fear of insects and bugs.
- 20% of people have atephobia- The fear of financial problems .
- 20% of people have bathophobia – The fear of deep water .
- 20% of people have pathophobia – The fear of disease .
- 20% of people have thanatophobia – The fear of death .
- 20% of people have aerophobia – The fear of flying .
- 10% of people have cynophobia – The fear of dogs .
- 10% of people have ochophobia – The fear of driving car.
- 10% of people have nyctophobia – The fear of Dark.
- 15% of people have Monophobia – This is the fear of being lonely. This can also be the fear of growing old.
Fear is a spirit that must be removed
Phil 1:14 says 14 and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Heb 11.3 3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
- Where does this spirit come from? The word is spoken, and then it is received in the ear and eye gate, you rehearse it in your mouth (by speaking it over and over), and then it creates a space of fear. Ex- Bishop explains how he jokingly told his daughter that there was a monster in a certain room in the house. Now she really believes there is a monster in this room. It was spoken in her ear, now there is faith in her fear.
- People can create fear through your ear and eye gate. Hollywood has done this with sounds for years. For example, you can be on vacation and hear the music from Jaws and you will get right out the water. It was created and became real to you. Logically it looks foolish, because it doesn’t really exist.
- How do you get this fear out of you? The answer, you put more word in you. If you speak as a monster, you will see monsters. Speak fear, you create fear. When you speak faith, you create faith! If the devil is aware that the only thing that can eradicate your fear is faith and he sees you are trying to hear and read the word of God, then the only thing he can do is try to interrupt you from the word, so you don’t get any faith. Faith and fear cant co-exists. The more you build up your faith, the less fear you will have!
- You got to take authority over your fear!
Perfect love casts out fear.
- 1 John 4:18 says 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. – You can be afraid of a snake, but if it is about to bite your child, you will try to get the child out of way despite your fear.
- Perfect love casts out fear- When you understand this; your convictions are greater than the consequences.
- Rom 8:15 says 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” – Fearless people live life free of restraints. – Abba means “daddy”, so when you get scared, you call your Daddy. Ex- Remember, when you were little, you may have gotten run home, but you felt a little braver when you saw your Dad!
Fearful people plan forward
- You don’t give up at the first sight of fear. John 19:26 says 26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!”- Jesus assigns a caregiver to his mother while dying on the cross. When you get a bad report from doctor, you still plan for the next 10 yrs. of your life, because God has another plan for you.
Fearless people learn to take risks
- Peter spoke his mind. He wasn’t fearful about speaking up. Peter knew who God was, because the Holy Spirit had revealed it to him. Peter couldn’t have known this, except the Spirit of God had told him that. He could have said he wasn’t going say anything, because he wasn’t sure he was right, but Peter confidently said to Jesus, “You are the Christ”! Are you going to stand up at the right time and speak the truth? This is your year of preparation. In this year, a moment will come up and you will have the answer. Will you be fearful, or will you answer the question?
- Be wise in your fearlessness – You have to know the right time to say something through wisdom.
- Take risks – Isa 54:4 says 4 “Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore.
Deu 31:8 says 8 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
Isa 54:14 says 14 In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear;and from terror, for it shall not come near you.
Joel 2:21 says 21 ” Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things! – You can be delivered from all your fears.
Psa 34.4 says 4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.– If you seek the Lord, then be honest with the Lord about what you are afraid of.
- Some of us have a fear of failing. God can use that and deliver you from that. Tell God what you are afraid of and God will deliver you.
Fear has no place among the fearless
- You have to have the right people around you.
- Fearful people must be released – In Judges 7; Gideon goes up against troops that outnumbered him. He has a plan, but God says that he has too many people in his army. We automatically assume everyone around us is ready to go to battle with us.
Ex- Bishop shares that he was teaching on warfare in a Bible Study years ago and this girl comes up and started to speak. When she started speaking, her voice dropped real low and then it went up real high all of a sudden. Bishops had these ministers around him that you would think had his back, but when he looked around, all the ministers were gone. Bishop realized that he was facing a real demon. The good thing about this was, this particular day shifted The Mt Zion Ministry to another level, but there wasn’t as many ministers ready to go into battle as Bishop first thought.
Getting back to the story, Gideon is told he has too many soldier. God told him to tell his men that if anyone is afraid to go into this battle where they were outnumbered, they could get out now without consequences. Gideon agrees thinking he had a faithful army full of willing participants. As a result of Gideon giving his men this out, 22,000 soldiers left. The point is, many of the people standing around you, don’t have the faith to go where you going.
- People around you have to have the faith to go where you are going. Deu 31:6 says 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” – How could you be afraid if you have a God that walks with you? No matter what comes, it comes because it fears you. What you are fearing is just an imagination and is not real. What is real is the word. This word is stronger than heaven itself, because the word says heaven and earth will pass away, but this word will last forever!
Stand up and have faith and your fear will be cast down!