Synopsis of New Years Eve Message
Delivered by Bishop Joseph Walker III
You’ve Been Set up To Take Over
Now you see clearer; everything you’ve gone through has been a setup, a teachable moment, designed to move you into a season of take over! The devil’s agenda was to make you self-destruct, but this is your year to take over! When looking back over this past year, you have to:
- Thank him you survived it
- Realize that it was worth it
- There is an identification of the God assignment. God always calls you to something. He never just calls.
- You will have excuses. When God really calls, you will have excuses. Jeremiah 1:6 says Then said I: “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” – Jeremiah made excuses for not doing what he was called to do.
- God will be with you. Jeremiah 1:7-8 says But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.
- God will confirm you. Jeremiah 1:9-10 says Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.” – When you think God is calling you to save the world, realize that it may be a call to save you.
This is the wrong season to get lazy!
- Significance to destiny being established
God was at work on you, before you were born. – Jeremiah 1:4-5 says Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” – You won’t know where you are going until you know where you began.
You have God’s affirmation – When you’ve been called, you know you’ve been called. You are comfortable with how God made you. Stop looking for people to affirm you!
- You have Gods anointing
The anointing consecrates and sets apart. Luke 2:42-52 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.” And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.-Jesus was the anointed one.
Anointing don’t fall on you, it is a part of your formation. Jeremiah 1:5 says “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” – God doesn’t give appointment without the anointing to go with it. God set apart Jeremiah to do a great work.
God won’t give you a destiny without an anointment to walk in it. When you are anointed, you ought to have a Holy Ghost anointed swagger about you. People ought to notice it when you walk in the room.
In this season, God gives 3 areas of it anointing
- Perseverance – In this season of anointing, you must have endurance.
- Perception – In this season, you got to be able to discern what is with you and what is not.
- Power – In this season, wherever you go, don’t depend on others to do what God has anointed you to do for yourself.
You have to look at anointing as an orange. Our flesh is like the peeling. The peeling is useless and without good taste. This is why people don’t eat the peeling. The juice really makes up the orange. The juice is the anointing. In the anointing, God has to remind you that you are nothing but the peeling.
4 ways to get to the juice (the anointing)
- Peel It – If you don’t move yourself out of the way, God will peel you away.
- Cut it – If you don’t move yourself out of the way, after God peels you, then he will cut you.
- Crush it – If you don’t move yourself out of the way after he cuts you, then God will crush you.
- Squeeze it – If you don’t move yourself out of the way, God will crush you.
God will do what is necessary to get the anointing out of you.
- Time to spiritually defeat excuses
The anointing can’t take over you if you have excuses. Jeremiah 1:6 says Then said I:
“Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” – Jeremiah, had excuses for why he couldn’t do what God called him to do. Know that your ability is not the issue. God is not looking for ability, he’s looking for availability. Paul says in Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – In other words, it’s not that Paul had arrived; he just knows that he can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens him.
Jeremiah’s first response was that he was too young. Again Jeremiah 1:6 says Then said I:“Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” You need to know that age is nothing but a number. When it comes to anointing, age is irrelevant.
Why is age irrelevant?
- Because God knows your age. He knew it when he called you.
- Because maturity is what is relative. You can be young, but God’s wisdom will mature.
Man promotes based on tenure, God promotes because you pass test. God will promote you no matter how long you’ve been there. You have to know that Mozart was only 5 when he composed his first musical piece, Beethoven was in his 20’s when he became a great composer, Oprah became a millionaire at the age of 32, and Jesus did more between the ages of 30-33 than most people do in a life time.
- It’s time to demonstrate empowerment
You got to embrace the assignment. Pay no attention to your adversaries. Know that your assignment will attract demonic opposition.
God is sending you to take over. Remember you are being set up for this.
Expect God’s assurance. – God says that you got his presence and his power. – Isaiah 41:10 says Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand., Jeremiah 1:19 says They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you,” says the Lord, “to deliver you.”, Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord. – People will fight against you, but they will not prosper.
- This is your season of divine elevation
Everything you been thru in 2014 was a setup for this moment. God prepares then elevates. The greater the tension, the further the arrow will go. You can’t launch anything without tension.
You got to realize that God is not elevating you just for you; it is for others too. You have a responsibility though; you got to change some stuff. Luke 4:36 says Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, “What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.”- They were simply astonished by what they saw. God is not concerned with your title. God said he is raising up righteous people to take over in every area of life; finance, government, school, industry, and in everything else. The world couldn’t manage it and it stayed out of control too long! God is going to raise up supernatural elevation and promotion.
- When you get it, partake in authority
- You can’t be side tracked. You have to stay focused on the assignment.
- Know that you got to be spiritually informed – You can’t be scared. Jeremiah 1:8 says Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord. – You have to get into your word and know your word. You got to get back to the basics. Come back to your first love!
- Realize that you have been called to action. – God doesn’t waste oil. He didn’t anoint you for nothing. The anointing was for a reason. Jeremiah 1:9-10 says Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.” – God says everything that is not like him, uproot it!
The righteous are about to take over. Proverbs 13:22 says A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.
In this season, you must:
- Prohibit noone with the “one day in and one day out” mentality.
- Involve purposeful eliminating – Last year you carried other people’s stuff, this year you have to let it all go. We have to eliminate some stuff.
- Prepare your foundation – You have to build on good foundation. You have to take it back. Get back into your word.
- Plan in expectation – You have to sow in all areas. Sow with finance, sow with your time, sow your services, and sow in all areas.
- Praise with celebration – Give God praise for what he is about to do.
Do you know who Steven Wynn is? Wynn hotel is the most luxurious hotel in Los Vegas. In the year 2000, he purchased a hotel in the dessert. He said he was building a new hotel. Wynn was advised to remodel the hotel he purchased instead, but he said “no, he needed to demolish it”. There was 2 reasons why he wanted to demolish instead of remodel:
- The existing structure would not accommodate his vision.
- He didn’t want to take residue of past, into his future.
Don’t take residue into the future! Know that you have been set up to take over!