Synopsis of Bible Study 02/26/14
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
What’s important to understand is, many people have this issue. Even every hater you have ever had is suffering from this issue called insecurity.
(NKJV) James 1:9 says9 Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation,10 but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.- This scripture is saying that one person is in a low position and one in a high position. The person in the low position feels that life has given them a bad hand. If you fall in the low position situation, know that it is only temporary. God is able to raise you up in due time. For this reason, it is important to know not to make judgment on people, just because they are not where you think they should to be. If you fall in a position of a high place, it is important for you to be humble. You must remember that God can switch positions with you and the person in the low place at any time.
Insecurities can come out in both situations. In high places, a person can use this to hide and to mask what they are going through. For example, more money won’t make you happy if you don’t deal with your insecurities.
Words were spoken over our lives when we young. When we began confessing those words, we trained our spirit. When you train your spirit, it is hard to un-train your spirit. (NKJV) John 8:32 says 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”- Know the truth and it will make you free
I. You have to declare that you are loved by God
- One that is loved by God must understand the totality of that love- (NKJV) Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.- God loved us so much, he didn’t wait until we got ourselves right to demonstrate his love for us. God sent his son to die why we were yet still in our sin.
(NKJV) John 17:23 says23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.- Jesus says, He wanted the whole world to know how much God loved them.
(NKJV) John 15:13 says 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.- God was willing to put his son on the cross to demonstrate his love for us.
II. Why isn’t God’s love enough for you?
III. You were purchased with a steep price
I. Those consumed with your once was.
II. Those who embrace you’re not yet.
- Stop wasting energy on, creating space for, and giving time and conversation to those who are consumed with your once was. Once you give this space, time, and energy on those concerned with your past, you hinder your progress.
- Jesus would teach to the disciples and to the multitudes who were going where he was going. He would not address the scribes and Pharisees who stood on the side of the road trying to pick a fight. Jesus knew the folk with him, would testify. So this is where he spent his energy.
- Look at Calvary, Jesus never addressed his persecutors. He didn’t even say anything when they stabbed him on the cross. We always say “He (Jesus) never said a mumbling word…” So if this is the case, then why do we (say a mumbling word)?
- Two thieves hung on crosses next to Jesus. There was one on right and one on the left. When the one said, “… save us and save yourself, if you are who you say you are…”If you will notice, Jesus never addressed him. The other one said, “… when you come into your kingdom(Jesus’ not yet), remember me…” Jesus did respond to him. This is evident, because Jesus says, “This day that you will with be with me in paradise.”This guy was going where Jesus was going.
IV. How do we do this? How do we keep from responding to those not going where we are going?
- The answer is, you have to know who you are in God. When you know who you are in God, you have the peace with God. (NKJV) Romans 5:1 says 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, -Me and God are cool. All the things in our past, has been worked out with God. The worst thing is for you to be is un-cool with someone who God is cool with. I’m cool with God and God is cool with me! We might not know what God is going to do, but we got peace with God about.
- Because of our insecurities, if we are not cool with God, we start coming up with the plan b’s and c’s. We ought to beat a point with God, where we declare, “Anyway you want to bless me God, it is alright with me!”
- c. The peace of God
- d. The peace of God leads to the authority of God. God raised us all up together. It doesn’t matter about your social position. At the end of the day, we all will end with ashes to ashes and dust to dust. The grave will make equals of us all. When people come to look for their grandparents’ grave, they will be stepping over your grave to get there, just like they would anyone else. Know that we have all been made equal.
- We all get raised up towards heaven equally. This means we all have equal authority! We all use challenges in our lives as an excuse not to get ahead. Again, we have all have been raised us up together. Yeah in all things, we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus. Until you embrace the fact that God has raised us up together, and until you quit looking comparably in your lives, you won’t become who you really are in Christ.
10 things to remember
- Ask Jesus to transform your heart- Your heart is an issue of moving. If your heart ain’t right, your insecurities kick in. Insecurity + power = disaster. People will use their power to make up for all the insecurities of their former years. Have you seen this?
- Discover more about yourself – Learn your strengths, weakness, and insecurities. Ex- Bishop Walker explains that when was called to preach, he lost Joseph. He had to go back and find Joseph again. Embrace your weakness! How many of you been told that you are mean? Most of the time, it is the majority of women who answer yes to this. Why is this? Lots of people that think you are hysterical don’t realize that you are just being historical. What happened in the moment triggered you to go back to something that happened before.
- Enjoy being you- Be comfortable in your own skin. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You have to come to place where you are cool with you. Be cool in your skin. Like Bishop explained earlier, he lost who he was (Joseph), came to himself, and told himself that he would never do that again. The reason many are not cool with themselves is because, we look comparably to others, and therefore we feel that we need things or other people to affirm us. Ex- This is like branding. Some people need brand names, because they don’t know the brand of their name. There is a difference between needing name brand and liking name brand name. The moment you get something name brand, you think your stock has gone up. This is evidence that you are not cool in your own skin. You give value to stuff and you don’t think there is value in you.
- Red carpet – Bishop explains how he has gone to some events that had Red carpet events. He explains how when celebrity walked the red carpet, there would be the sound of many flashes. He explains later that when he would go through, there would be only the sound of one camera flash. When your self esteem is so low, things like this can really affect you.
- Form your own ideas- Don’t regurgitate other people’s ideas, unless God directs you to. you are creative.
- Remind yourself regularly of what you have accomplished.
- 7. Do your best with what you have and where you are. If you don’t then you end up trying to buy self esteem!
- Work from your strengths – Don’t crush your confidence by working on things you are not good at. What if I tried to sing? This isn’t my strength and therefore, I would be boring you to death while lowering my self esteem.
- Celebrate other’s success – Don’t be a hater. Somebody Bishop has known for a long time, asked him to give a definition of a friend. Bishop explained that a friend is one that can celebrate your happiness even if it isn’t them. Most church folk can’t celebrate themselves, without tearing someone else down. They will tell you why they like one place, while telling you how they don’t like another place.
- Keep your eyes on the vision- Sometimes God will tell you to lay your vision down so you can work on something greater. You have to be vision driven. There is a reason your windshield is bigger than your rear view mirror.
- Stay close to Jesus – You can do all things through Jesus. Know that he who is intimate with God, will never be intimidated by man.