Living life of purpose II
“Let nothing hold you back”
Synopsis of Bible Study 01/15/14
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
There is something that we got here on earth to do. That thing is called purpose. When we are in purpose, we are born, and then we are walking into something God has ordained for our lives.
Purpose is the path towards destiny
Destiny is destination, the end result, arriving at that place! For example, we all want to reach heaven, but we also want to have destiny here on earth too. We don’t just want pie in the sky, we also want ham where I am. We have to learn to walk it out and not allow hindrances to take us out along the way.
When walking in purpose, there are constellation prizes along the way, but don’t be fooled! Wait on the prize! (NKJV) 2 Timothy 4:8 says 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.- At the end of our journey, we will receive a crown signifying that it is finished. In like manner, we have to make sure we finish our purpose. At end of our journey, we have to know that we have fulfilled what God wanted us to fulfill.
There are days that you lose your zeal. In other words, you get up and don’t feel like doing anything. There has to be something within you that makes you want to move and to work it. (NKJV) 2 Timothy 1:9 says 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,. – God saved us for purpose and gave us the grace to walk it out.
It takes grace to walk out purpose. Only God can give you this. Know that God will never aim you toward what he didn’t give you grace to walk towards. (NKJV) 2 Peter 1:5 says 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,- When you get in purpose, you don’t just exist, you live.
With life comes precious promises. There are promises God makes to you along the path towards your destiny. Just reflect on what God has shown you. There are promises in your life that reminds you that God is going to do what he said he was going to do. Even scripture reminds us “… that thing he promise you, he will do until the end of time.” Scripture also promises that “… they that wait on the Lord will have their strength renewed if they don’t faint.” These are all promises. When you understand the promises of God, you don’t let things in life detour your form your destiny.
How does this manifest? Ex- Someone gives you $100 to go to Wal-Mart. You can’t cash it there and they tell you that you have to cash it or deposit the money into your account and then come back. See the check is only a promise from the someone that gave it to you. When the check is validated, then it becomes truth. Just like this, we have to take God’s promise and employ our faith to that promise. When we make a faith exchange, we are able to receive the promises of God. We don’t just talk about what God is going to do, we believe it!
What is keeping you from your purpose?
Is it fear, complacency? What is it? It takes a kingdom perspective. The kingdom of God is God’s way of doing things. If it is a kingdom agenda or idea, so we can’t personalize the attacks we are going through. We have to realize that what we are going through is much bigger than us. It is not all about us. Jesus says what has happened to us, has already happened to him. It is about something much larger than we are. It is about then Kingdom perspective.
God give us benefits. (NKJV) Psalms 68:19 says19 Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah – God will give you the wherewithal to achieve what he wants you to achieve. We have to start giving God glory for these benefits!
There is a process
- 1. Based on our experience with him, we ought to have hope. 5 (NKJV) Ephesians 2:5 says 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),- Through salvation, we are saved and have hope. If you look at what you used to do (and some of it was pretty bad), then the Lord saved you. This means God believed in you, when you didn’t believe in yourself! You were saved by this hope. When think about where you should be, then you should be full of hope.
- a. Some say God was at his best at creation of the world. Some say God was at his best when he split the seas. Some say He was at his best with Daniel in the lion’s den. Some would say when Jairus’ daughter was raised from dead, but some can say God was at his best when he saved them!
- 2. Trials are going to come – Once you get that word, it produces hope, and Satan wants that word. Jesus gives a parable of the seed sewer whose seed fell on hard ground, soft ground, thorny, and good ground. The point is, there will be those that will receive the word gladly, but the devil will try to put them through things to make you doubt Gods word. The devil will say things like, “You went to church, but you still broke!” or “You went to church and you’re still sick!”
- 3. You got to hold on to your hope. (NKJV) Acts 14:22 says 22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”- You got to go through to get to. We wish we could say it will be a trial-less journey, but God wants to know if you will make him look good going through, before you represent him, when you get to.
- 4. You got to continue in faith – This challenge is major decision time. Here is a scripture that keeps Bishop going when he gets weary and feels like he can’t go on. (NKJV) Hebrews 10:35-36 says 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: – Don’t throw away your confidence! You got this! Don’t throw away this word! Why are you going to throw this word away, just because the devil made you think you are done? Hold to this word! This is your confidence!
- 5. After receiving the will of God, I have to still go to work. – If you don’t do the will of God, you will never receive the will of God. Ex- There was a man in an airport. At the gate, they said they were going to reroute the passengers to Baltimore. This one dude went at it with the Gate Attendant over this reroute decision. While he was doing that, the line was getting longer and longer. The line kept moving while the guy continued to argue. Soon, most of the people in the line were seated on the plane. Finally, the plane took off. The people in the line got on the plane and took off while the guy was still arguing with the gate attendant. The point is, while the guy was arguing, the plane took off and he missed his destination. In like manner, if you sit there with God, complaining that it ain’t fair, you will never get to what God promised you. You can’t go through life bitter, because things didn’t work out like you planned. It doesn’t matter how long it takes, at least you’re moving in the direction of your destiny. (NKJV) Hebrews 12:12 says 12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees,– Strengthen your hands! You need start looking like what you are going to. We should be able to look at you and tell where you going. In the world people could look at you and tell you were getting ready to go out. Point is, what you look like, ought to indicate your destination. Ex- Royce and Bishop were in a cold city. They had been out all night at church. The church fed after service and this made them get back to the hotel late. It is real cold! The next morning they got on the plane to come back to Nashville. Even the plane was cold that day. Trying to get back to Nashville, they were sitting wait for the plane to depart and this dude gets on the plane with shorts and flip flops on. The majority of the plane is going to Nashville, so everyone is tripping. What Bishop and the other people didn’t know was this guy was, although they were going to Nashville where it was still cold, this guy was on his way to Ft Lauderdale. This guy wasn’t paying attention to those talking about him, because he refused to let people that were not going to his destination, effect where he was going. In like manner, don’t let your haters, frustrate you from your destination. Keep your destination on your mind.
You got to maintain your zeal.
There are moments you have those days. Sometimes you want to revert back to your Peter days and you want to cut somebody’s ear off! There comes a point where you have to say, who shall separate us from the love of God (NKJV) Romans 8:35 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?- The enemy is trying to separate you from that thing (purpose), so he can separate you from Christ. To give up on your purpose, is to give up on the one who saved you for that purpose.
Remember you are more than a conqueror. The fact we overcome, means that we have already overcome some things!
When you first start off, there are several attacks you will experience.
- 1. 1.The initial blow – When God says he is going to do it, he is going to do it! Ex- When a receiver is getting ready to run a route, he may receive an illegal hit. This hit is designed to detour the receiver from running his planned route. He has to shake the illegal hit off and run the route he was chosen to run! To fail to do so, can cause the his purpose to fail.
- 2. When you truly understand with clarity, you see clearly that this is kingdom assignment, and that this is bigger than you, you will then become irritated with people in your life that is not going where you are going. You will begin to wonder why you are carrying around this dead weight.
- 3. You coast- You have little attacks, but they are not major.
- 4. Now you have the major attack- How will you know that you are close to where God wants you to be? This is when the enemy throws the kitchen sink at you! The devil wants to do everything he can to mess you up, because you have survived everything that he has thrown at you so far.
- 5. See it through! –
See it Through
When you’re up against a trouble, Meet it squarely, face to face; Lift your chin and set your shoulders, Plant your feet and take a brace. When it’s vain to try to dodge it, Do the best that you can do; You may fail, but you may conquer, See it through! Black may be the clouds about you And your future may seem grim, But don’t let your nerve desert you; Keep yourself in fighting trim. If the worst is bound to happen, Spite of all that you can do, Running from it will not save you, See it through! Even hope may seem but futile, When with troubles you’re beset, But remember you are facing Just what other men have met. You may fail, but fall still fighting; Don’t give up, whate’er you do; Eyes front, head high to the finish. See it through!
Edgar Albert Guest