God kind of life
Sermon notes (01/06/13) Delivered by Bishop Walker
There comes a time where you have to decide that you are not going to let life live you. Instead you have to chose to live life. When you have a relationship with Jesus, you worry more about what God says about you, than what the enemy says to you.
It is important to know that Jesus came to bring you and I into a greater revelation of him. In fact the bible says that we(mankind) sat in darkness until God’s son came to give us light.
2 Corinthians 4:4 says In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. – In other words, God has amazing things he wants to do in your life and you can often tell this by the demonic attention that you attract. It is important for us to know that it is God’s attention to us that attracts the following things:
I. Persistent Adversary
Know that the devil will attack. Understand that you are a target of the enemy and works overtime to derail your destiny.
The source of these attacks are from:
- Satanic principalities– You are not just dealing with flesh, you are dealing with principalities. In this season you need to build yourself up in his Holy Faith. After evaluating everything, you will know that the source of your attacks is from the enemy.
Know that the devils objective is to provide a systematic plot.
- Systematic plot– The devil wants to develop a systematic plot towards you. He sits and waits on the right moment to attack your life, but God has another plan. John 10:10 says the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
- He comes to steal (Satan) – Jesus tells us that there is a sower that has these seeds. These seeds represents the word of God. If you remember this story in the bible, you will remember that theses seeds of the sower fell upon many different ground.
Those seeds that fell upon stony ground, represents the people who received God’s word and didn’t grow, because they were hardheaded.
There was also those seeds that feel amongst the weeds. These seeds represent those of us who received God’s word and the enemy came to choke them out, much like weeds mentioned in the parable. This will make you syndical and cause you to question God.
Joy is revelation to God’s word and it is not tied to what is happening around you. We have to receive God’s Joy. Therefore, when all is going to pot, you have a revelation that keeps your joy and keeps you full of hope. It is important to know that the devil knows that if he can take your word, he can kill your desire and dreams and as a result, this will lead to him destroying your destiny.
There is a systematic attack plotted against you everytime you wake up and because God has blocked it and shielded you from a lot of it, we have give God the glory!
II. Present Advocate
God came! No matter what the enemy plots, God has as different plan for my life. When the forces of hell try to destroy you, thank God he blocked the enemy!
a. Saviors purpose– Jesus was the gift to a falling humanity. Considering where we were, we have to thank God we were:
- Saved and preserved – God not only saved me, but he is still saving me! God keeps on rescuing and protecting us! Give God the glory that he is still saving you. Jude 1:24 says Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, Psalms 40:1-2 I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. -The moment the devil’s plot was unleashed on my life, Jesus came to save us. He came that we might have life and to have life more abundantly. Remember God saved us and is still saving us!.
III. Praise for Abundance
Jesus came that we might have life. After it is all over, we want to go and be with the Lord. However, we are not ready to leave this earth right this minute. So meanwhile, we have to live down here, but we refuse deal with a theology that says that we should live tore up and struggling do until we get our blessing on the other side.
This life down here is supposed to be a dress rehearsal for things that we are going to encounter when we get to heaven.
Many of us settle for too much in this life. We settle for stress on the job, unhealthy relationships, bad situations and etc… We came to give the enemy notice today that our settling days are over!
God declares for us:
- situation in peace – This isn’t the year to panic and or to be stressed out! We thank God that we have a word and we thank God for peace in our situation. God declares for us in this year surplus and provision!
- surplus and provision- This is not money, this is about the things money can’t buy. It is about the life that God intended for us to have.