Living the Life Part II
THE PURPOSED LIFE
Synopsis of 01/11/12
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Each of us know we are here for our purpose. Knowing this, every move you make should be an intentional move. God doesn’t move arbitrarily and since he doesn’t, we must always act based on our purpose. The question is, how do we accomplish this? It is by the power of being properly developed and maturing in wisdom.
What is Wisdom?
- Mental intellectual perspective- SOPHIA- This is the practical ability to sense and understand life in all relations and situations- In other words, we see moments in our lives as individual events attached to purpose. Everything has a place when you are a person who walks in purpose
- When you dont walk in wisdom, you do things off the cuff. The way you act can adversely affect what God has for your life. Ex– Somebody gets under your skin and you act in that moment. You do something not realizing that this moment can impact what God has intended for your life. Think of the people that are in the grave or in jail right now that allowed one act to keep them from where they were supposed to be. A person that doesn’t understand purpose doesn’t understand how their actions can impact their purpose.
- Show a person their purpose and they will be willing to live and die for it.
- No matter how many degrees you have or how many books you have read, there are some people with smarts, but no common sense.
How do I attain wisdom?
- It is a Gift from God– James 1:5:5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. –The scripture says if you lack wisdom, you can just ask God for it. Wisdom can only be given by God in the way that you need it. Look at Joseph. He went from the pit to the palace. Joseph wouldnt give in to the moment, because he knew this would have cost him what God had intended to do in his life.
- By personal experiences– Some of you have been made wise by your mistakes. Life can give you wisdom.
- Traditions of our fathers and mothers. Job 8:8:8“For inquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself for the searching of their fathers;-There are things that previous generations could teach you, because they have gotten through certain things.
- Learn wisdom .Proverbs 4:11:11I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.-God taught us how to be wise. Proverbs 9:9-10: 9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser; teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. –The more you teach a wise man, the more he will want to know. Proverbs 13:20: 20He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.-You cannot hang out with some people. There are some people you can be cool with, but you can’t hang out with them. The reason some people miss their purpose is, because they have too much allegiance to people that have no regard to your purpose. Ex– Bishop has friends all over the world. He explains that he has some that are good Christians and some that are not. As an example, he explains that he has a friend named Tyrone (made up name). He explains that he has known him for a while. Tyrone is not living a saved life and just because Bishop is in Ministry and Tyrone is still out there, Bishop still recognizes him as his boy. Bishop explains that he doesn’t know what he does for a living. All he knows is that he is just cool. Bishop will play ball with him or even talk to him on the phone, but if Tyron asks him to come over to his house, Bishop will decline. Bishop further states that he will not allow him to come to his house either. Bishop will only meet him in public places. Why is this? Say they are watching the game at Tyrone’s house and the Feds come and kick the door in. Now they have Bishop outside on the ground with the rest of them and the whole world thinks he is a drug dealer. People would comment, “So that’s how ya’ll (Mt Zion) was able to build all of this.” If you act in the moment, you will jump into the car with anybody and end up an accessory to something. Some people you just can’t hang around.
- When “I was a child…” is referring to us. You got to teach kids when they are young. Proverbs 29:15: 15The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.- Bishop is the Pastor of Mt Zion today, be is a product of rod and rebuke.
- Everything is connected to everything else. Everybody you give number to and every one you want to be seen without, can keep you from getting where God connected you.
Stature and physical maturity
- HELIKIA- Primarily an age as a certain length of life as of age. The bible says we will live 3 score and 10. A score is 20 and you add ten to it, the average is 70. Knowing this, we don’t have time to waste
- Age does not qualify you for maturity. Just because you move up in numbers, it doesn’t validate your maturity.
- Read Ephesians 4:11-16 later. You will learn that God gave us prophets and evangelists for the maturing of the body of Christ. Every week you have a Pastor that comes and gives you the word. (It is important to know that the place call your church home is the place you should be gettting fed. What you stand under, is what you understand) you Pastor is like somebody that is trying to get you to grow up. Just like this, when your parents say clean up or finish your plate, they are preparing you and they measure your maturity by your willingness to abide. You are teaching them certain things to place value in them and create maturity. 1 Corinthians 13:11:11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.-This scripture says, when I was child, what came out of my mouth was childish, because I was immature.
- How do you talk to a child? You get on a child’s level. The child doesn’t have the capacity to understand adult things. God says he can’t bless children with things intended for adults. You have to mature to the thing you want. Ex- You are mature. You know that other you may be talking to may have great potential, but they don’t have the capacity to understand. The things that come out their mouths doesn’t make since, because they are immature. Remember you are talking to a child prisoner in an adult’s body. This is why you have to mature in God’s word.
- Immaturity is trying to make something fit that you have outgrown. You look at your awesome purpose and the things and people around you and you wonder if it fits where you’re going. If it doesn’t fit, dont force it. Relax and let it go. Ex– If I am a child, I don’t know it doesn’t fit. When you don’t see purpose, you don’t know that the person on your arm doesn’t fit? You think you are happy. We think that you are in a relationship where one person doesn’t belong with the other.
- When we get to this place, where things begin to fit, we are not going to be 16 yrs old still riding the big wheel. Having said this, we are not going to be a person in church all this long and still playing games. At some point you got to grow up.
Favor with God spiritually-
- When you understand wisdom spiritually, it puts you in the category with exceedingly abundantly. In this season, favor will be attracted to some of you, because you walk in wisdom. If you mature in God’s word, you will attract favor to your life.
- The connection is understanding the will of God.
- What is his will? BOULEMA-God’s immutable irrevocable will is immutable which means unchanging. When- God says when he proposes to do something in your life, nothing can change it.
- One of the most prolific statements that have been made is, “What God has for me, it’s for me.” In earnest it is true, but let’s examine it practically.
- God created this for you for example: Abram has Isaac and he has Jacob and Esau. Esau is the first born and is supposed to have the blessing and the birthright. Out in the field one day Esau is hungry. He has now detached himself from his purpose. Now he just wants to fulfill the desires of his flesh. Jacob offers him a bowl of soup in exchange for his birth right. As a result, today the scripture reads “the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob…” instead of the father of Abraham, Isaac, and Esau. The bible says Jesus comes from the linage of Jacob. It should have been the linage of Esau. Esau forfeited all of that for the bowl of soup. The devil can’t take it, but he can create enough distraction that you will give it up to somebody else. As a result of your distraction, somebody may live in your house instead of you or somebody might raise your children instead of you. Somebody else will be the benefactor of your foolishness, because of one distraction. Say to your neighbor, “You are not getting mines.” Just to think, we have always said, “What God has for me is for me.
- John 10:10:10The thief cometh not but to steal and to kill and to destroy. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.-God wants you to have the God kind of life.
- His will deals with your heart-Matthew 22:37: 37Jesus said unto him, “`Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.’- Your mind is your inner thoughts and the value system of your life. It is the port of entry into the heart.
Intellect, emotion, and Will
- Commander and chief – God is our commander and chief
- General- Our thinking process, strategy works out specifics. God speaks to you and you say you’re going to do it.
- Lieutenant- Our will- You can strategize all day, but if you don’t follow the orders… Your will follows it.
- Surrender is necessary- Nobody gives their will away. You have to learn to surrender it.
- There are things that God wants you to do, but it is not clear. It gets clearer when you surrender and get into position.
- Brightens your vision.
- Enlarges perception of your responsibilities- Some perspectives are so small, you are not understanding what happened.
- 3.Increases strength and insight
- 4Opens doors to new solutions.
7 ways to be sure you are in God’s will:
- Get into the word- Let’s it speak to me- God will give your confirmation or tell you that you are wrong.
- Overcome self-Realize your worth.
- Partners in fellowship with God- We want to partner with what God he is doing.
- Commitment- Some people don’t get what God has, because they don’t have commitment.
7 steps to success
- 1, Dream- Got to be a person that knows how to dream. When you dream, you don’t take in consideration your current context. When you’re a dreamer, dream around mature people. Remember however that children dream too.
- 2. Desire- Don’t pursue something that you don’t desire. Whatever you do, have the desire to do it, because God gives you the desires of your heart.
- 3. Decision- God makes decisions of what you are to do. Colossians 1:9:9For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;-In other words, eventually you have to do what he wants you to do.
- Dare- I dare you to do something poeple say can’t be done. Failure is inevitable. In fact, Bishop is working on sermon right now that says, “I hope you fail.” Ex- Babe Ruth held the strikeout record in his first year of baseball. He is known later as the homerun king. He kept on working at it. Study people that have done great things and they will all tell you they failed many times, before obtaining success.
- Do it – Do something- Every time we see you, you ought to be doing somethig. Sharpen a pencil or glue something up or something. Don’t just be sitting around.
- Direction- Every time we see you, you ought to be headed in that direction. If you know someone is going toMemphisand you pass them speeding and heading in the wrong direction, you might try and call them to say, “Man you are going fast the wrong way!” This is how we are seeing you. We know you supposed to be going one way and we wonder why you going to fast the wrong way. If you don’t listen and turn aorund you are going to be in the mountains. When you see sombody not doing what they should, sayMemphisis the other way.
- Devotion dedication- If you’re going to be successful, do it with a spirit of excellence- We don’t produce raggedy production. What we do for God, we want to be done in the spirit of excellence. We not going to trust in our power, but God’s power. Proverbs 3:5-6:5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding; 6in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. -Everyone here has a purpose. To walk it out, you must be intentional. We must mature in a way that brings favor to me. The devil can’t take it, but he can distract us enough where we will for forfeit it. Look at the people walking around with the stuff we are supposed to have. We dont time to play, if it dont fit!