Identity Crisis Part II
Synopsis of Bible Study 12/07/11
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
God says he has to check your ID to make sure you look like what his word says. We have to understand the power of loving God. When we love God, we live it out. In response, he reminds us how he sees us. When you believe in his power, you can believe in his love, and he will…
- I. You got to know that God thinks about you a lot
- Everywhere you go, God has you on his mind. Psalm 139:13-14: 3For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. 14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. – We are fearfully and wonderfully made. God made sure there would not be another person on the planet like you. God put everything in us that we needed to succeed.
- Paul tells Timothy to stir up the gift inside. When you stir up the gift that God placed inside of you, then you will see how much greatness there is inside of you. God put in your capacity things that hadn’t even come to mind yet. You will not get it into your mind until you reach the proper season, because we couldn’t handle any time before this.
- The world can’t handle but one of you. Psalm 139:15-18: 15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. – Before we existed, before our ancestry tree evolved, before being formed in our Mother’s belly, God knew us. God absolutely had us on his mind.
- Jeremiah 29:11: 11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. -God says I know what i think about you. His thoughts are always of peace and not evil. Evil comes from the devil and not God. God always thinks of the end result. Ex- Before the beginning began, God was, and God began the beginning with you in mind. Just imagine, before the beginning began, God thought he needed to begin the beginning with us. He spent days creating with us in mind. God had a plan for our whole lives. God still does this. He has plans for our arrivals. Ex-You wanted to know why God hasn’t delivered what you were asking for yet. Just know that God planned our revival. God has planned our arrival. That door that will be opened hasn’t opened just yet. God is still planning what is on the other side of the door.
- Before your Mom and Dad listened to that first Al green track, he was thinking about us. God spent the first days putting things in order (creating), so on the sixth day when he made us, he was able to drop us into a place that had everything in it that we needed to survive. God didnt begin with the beginning, he began with the beginning.
- Remember Lucifer who was over music and worship, didn’t like God getting all the glory and praise and he got a third of the angels to stand with him to rebel against God. As a result he was cast onto the earth which was at the time filled with darkness and chaos. This was before the begining began.
- Since Lucifer was an angel, he knows the plans that God has for us. He is a easedropper. This is why you have to pray in the Holy Ghost.
- When God began us, he set us on a course for destiny. Satan couldn’t take away from you what God had planned for you, so he offered you a piece (much like the piece of fruit offered in the garden) and you took it and forfieted your promise. Ex- What piece have you taken that caused you to forfeit your destiny.
- Satan said give it to me. When God made us, he told us we were made in his image, but when the devil took from us what God gave us, we forgot who we were. Instead of peacful thoughts, we had thoughts of evil. Like Adam and Eve, we were standing before the devil naked. We were ashamed and now, because of sin, we spend our days covering up. Note: Naked mentioned in the scripture means transparent.
- God says he wasn’t going to let us stay in this situation forever. Romans 5:8: 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.- We lost our identity when we took the piece. God sent one prophet after the next and we were not listening, so God sent his son to be crucified and shed his blood, so we can gain our identity back. What Adam lost on one tree, Christ restored on another tree.
- The Holy Ghost was placed in us now to help us walk this thing out. We are Christians, but this is what was amazing. If we were to ask who among us Christians are, every one of us would raise our hands. On the other hand, if we were to get some undercover people to follow us for week, all their reports would say different. We wouldn’t even be able to come up with 10 things that we could list about us that would demonstrate the characteristics of a Chiristian, because we have gotten so jacked up.
- God loves us so much, he is not going to give up on us. We thank God that he doesnt give up on us.
II. God wants to give you good things
- Everything that seems good to you is not good for you.
- What God gives us isn’t determined by the recipient; instead it is determined by the giver. We might not want God to give us some things that are good, but we dont know what is good for us (all the time). Ex- We don’t like to eat vegetables for example. We want meat and cake and the sweet tea instead. Again what we want is not what is always good for us. If we ate the vegetables, we wouldn’t have the obesity, the high blood pressure, or the $10,000 dental bill. Just like this, God says he knows some things he takes us through don’t feel good, but if you look back on it, you realize that some of those things were good for you. All things work together for the good them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.
- Matthew 7:9-11: 9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? , John 16:24: 24Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.-The key word here is asking in his name. Word means that Jesus is the word. In other words, we can’t ask for something that isn’t in his word.
- Why do we trip? Luke 12:28-29: 28If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? 29And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. – Why worry about what you put on. Don’t let your mind play tricks on you.
- Nations think – Luke 1:30: 30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. -Your father knows, as you are trying to figure it out on the calculator. He knows about the breakthrough you need. Ex– We got 30days left to pay our bill and we panic as if God doesn’t know. God already knew you were going to need it, before you were even placed in your Mother’s womb. Lean not to your own understanding and in all your ways, acknowledge him.
- Luke 12:31: 31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. -Seek the kingdom of heaven first. The world says we have to do “the hustle thing.” We understand what that means. There are some things God is going to do without you. There are some things we just don’t need to know all the details about. Do you think Joseph knew and understood everything that was going on with Mary (referring to her being pregnant with the baby Jesus)? There are some things that God can do without you. You stay where God wants you to be. Seek the kingdom of heaven first and stop trying to work it out yourself.
- III. God takes pleasure in blessing you
- Proverbs 8:17-19: 17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. 18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. 19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. -God wants us to see him. Ex- Imagine that there are 2 curtains. Behind curtain 1 is a million dollars. Behind curtain number 2, there is access to Bill Gates homes, access to all of his resources, and you are written into the inheritance. Some of you would take the million dollars and run. After you realize what you got to live on each yr, you find out that you are in trouble. If you choose curtain 2, you realize that you don’t have to pay rent or cook, because you have access to Bill Gate’s stuff. You might not have a have dime in pocket, but as long as you have access, everything will be alright. Just like this, God will fix it where stuff will just bless you in unusual places. You will almost be out of gas and somebody will just come up and bless you with enough to get gas. When you have access, there will be little blessing along the way to your destiny. We are in the God’s house!
- Psalm 37:4: 4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. – This is not the desires of a carnal heart. The desires of your heart are things that bless God. You ought to want stuff that edifies God. This truly is what is meant by the desires of the heart. If i can help somebody as I pass along the way, then my living won’t be in vain.
- Proverbs 3:9-10: 9Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: 10So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. -In our identity, every time God blesses us we bless others. You can give a believer a $1 and they will but a dime in church. The world dont think like that. The world gives to its own. The first fruits of the world go to the world. The first fruits of believers go to the kingdom. Ex-Bishop explains how he had a dream or a vision that it was Christmas Sunday 2011 and from the pulpit he asked for the congregation to give an offering and everyone acted like it black Friday at Wal-Mart. The people that act the way they do, giving their money to Wal-Mart on Black Friday, only have the sales to motivate them to do what they do. We as Christians have grace and mercy to motivate us, yet we act stingy. The world doesn’t understand us when we act like we do (giving our first fruits to God). They want your side hustle to assure their survival. As Christians, there is no hustle. We just know that we give and he will give it back to us. We know that God will open up the windows of heaven and pour us out a blessing that we will not have room enough to receive. This is not a hustle! It is living out the word!
- God has a desire for us to be blessed. If our identity is anything, we ought to be advertisment for the kingsodom. If anyone ought to be blessed, it ought to be us. Our blessings fund purpose. If God blesses you, he knows you will bless others. This is why he can trust us with it. Know that he is coming.
- IV. Whatever is done to you, God takes it personally
- If they mess with you, God takes it personally. Matthew 25:24: 24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: – Who fed the hungry? This is the answer to the question if we are a democrat or republican. Eveyone was born in greatness, but not in the same context. Ex– Before the beginning began, God thought about you. God knew what was going to happen. He began the beginning with you in mind and planed your arrival. Adam arrived and God gave him everything and allowed him to rule. He forfeited it, because he liked immediate gratification. We are still like that. He just saw it, and it was over. Faith dont come by seeing, but hearing. God gave his only son to reconcile. If we believe, we have everlasting life which is what he intended for us to have in the beginning. We claim to be saved, but we are not there yet. There is the here down here and the here in heaven. The “there” down here, is the place of promise. It is the thing you were born to do. You have grown and left the beginning. You can see your “there promise.” You are almost there and in between the beginning and the promise, here comes the serpent.
- Jesus told Peter that Satan desired to sift him like wheat. Because of this, Jesus says he prayed for him. Just like this, God has us covered. He saw how we lost it the first time, but he is not going to let us loose it again. Our destiny is in front of us and we wonder why it is so hard to get to it? Are we going to get there? Is it really going to happen now?
- Psalm 34:7: 7The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. – Everything you get into between here “your there”, God will deliver us from. Aren’t you glad that some things that could have jeopardized your” there” were blocked by angels that God sent. There are angels in the natural and the supernatural. The scripture says many of us have entertained angels unaware. Things should have happened, but thank God it didn’t, because there were some angels.
- Thank God our identity is not shaped by people and is instead shaped by God’s word. God has great plans for you. All you got to do is walk it out. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. This is why you shouldnt rejoice in those who fall. Next time it could be you that falls. Thank God that he rejoices and wants to restore us. God sees us and right through us. He sees where he is taking us. We have to trust him and believe when we don’t know what he is doing Ex- Bishop remembers that he came to Nashville kicking and screaming, but you can’ get him to leave now, because he is at “his there.” “There” is the most awesome place to be. You know you are where God called you be when you reach your “there.” You don’t worry about others when you get there. Just remember that most of the time, the ones talking about you are the ones who have not reached their “there!”