Revelation Part III
Synopsis of Bible Study 7/20/11
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Please note that John gets a glimpse of what heaven currently looks like. Remember that the angels said that these are things that are and that will come to pass.
The vision of around the throne
- Trumpet voice – Revelation 4:1 says 1After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. – The trumpet represents that of warning or war.
- The one on the throne – Revelation 4:2 says 2And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. – “One” that is mentioned in this scripture, represents God who sits on the throne.
- He on the throne was look like jasper and sardine. Revelation 4:3 says 3And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. – Jasper and sardine is a bright red and purple crystal. They both symbolize authority. Most Bishops wear these colors, because it represents ecclesiastical authority. The rainbow represents the covenant between Noah and God.
- 24 seats/24 elders – Revelation 4:4 says 4And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. – .There 24 seats or thrones are placed around the one throne. 24 elders set on those thrones placed around the one throne. Matthew 27:51-53 says 51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Ephesians 4:8 says 8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. – So from these two scriptures, we see that the 24 elders are some of those that were raised at Christ’s resurrection that he took back with him when he went back to the right hand of the Father. 2 Timothy 4:7-8 says 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. – This scripture talks about a crown of righteousness. It represents a reward for labor for all the tribulations that the 24 elders had gone through. They had white robes and crown for their labor.
- Thundering, lightning, and voices from around the throne- Revelation 4:5 says 5And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. Remember Ezekiel 1:14 says 14And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning. Ezekiel 10:5 says 5And the sound of the cherubims’ wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh. – The lightning and thundering went on when the angels moved. Returning to Revelation 4:5, it says there were 7 lamps. The number 7 means completion. The fire represents the complete glory of God. Now before explain verse 6, we must review. Just to recap, the bible says that at the throne there is One on the throne (God), he looks like red (sardine) and purple (jasper) representing authority. There are 24 seats or thrones around the throne and there are 24 elders who sat upon these thrones. They have crowns on their head for there labor and they have on white robes.
- Sea of glass – Revelation 4:6 says 6And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. – The Greek word for glass deals with transparency. You could see your reflection when you close to the throne. When you get close to the throne, you see who you really are. This will bring you to a place of humility rather than a place of pride.
- The 4 Beasts – Revelation 4:7-8 says 7And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle. 8And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. – There 4 living creatures around the throne. They are four beasts. They have eyes in front and behind them. The first creature had a face like a lion and had an angelic human like body. The second beast had the face of a calf. The third beast had a face like a man. The fourth had a face like that of a flying eagle. When Israel was divided into 4 groups, each had a standard symbol. Judah was the lion. Ruben was the man. Ephraim was the Ox or calf and Dan was the Eagle.
- Lion stands for kingship or Rulership of Christ. The Ox stands for servant. The Man face stands for humanity. The eagle stood for divinity. These heads represented each symbol of the 4 groups that Israel was divided into.
- Each beast had eyes in front and back. There are 4 gospels. All four gospel writers wrote what they saw happen in the Ministry of Jesus Christ. Matthew depicted Jesus as King of kings, Mark depicted Jesus as a servant (the Ox), Luke depicted Jesus’ humanity (man- Ex- the prodigal son), and John depicted Jesus’ divinity. Matt, Mark, Luke start out talking of Jesus being born of Mary, but John starts out explaining that in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. Jesus reminds the disciples in the Gospel of John, that he is the way the truth and the life. These 4 beast represent the 4 gospels proclaimed in the earth.
- The Beasts worship – Revelation 4:8-10 says 8And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. 9And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, 10The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, – These beast are cherubim angels. The worship God day and night and to not sleep. The Elders cast their crowns before the throne when they worship as if to say, these crowns mean nothing when giving glory to God. Like the elders, we must lay down our crown when your give glory to God. We were only created to give God glory. Ex- Look at the throne room. In its description, it shows you what God was used to. It is glory, glory and holy, holy all day long; yet we want God to leave that atmosphere just to come down and tolerate us in our mess. Around his throne, the scripture says they worship him and rest not.
- The Seven Seals – Revelation 5:1-9 says 1And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. 2And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? 3And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. 4And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. 6And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. 8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; – We are talking about Christ. This powerful scene was that Jesus was the only one worthy to loose the seals, because he walked the earth without sin. Something happened that will change your perspective on how you live your life. We are between Revelations chapter 5-6 now in this day and time. Revelation is unfolding as we speak. Christ has taken the scroll and is about to release the seals.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 says 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words. – This scripture is talking about your loved ones who died in the Lord (those who sleep in Jesus). Paul brings clarity to this in the next scripture. 1 Corinthians 15:51-55 says 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? – At some point in the future (nobody knows the day or time) the trumpet will sound. 2 people will be in the field and one will be taken. Those who died in the Lord will be raised first. They will be raised in incorruption and immortality (There spirit will be reunited with their body, but with incorruption this time). Those who remain will be changed immediately and we will be caught up and the Lord will meet us in the air and we will be able see who is left behind on earth. The wicked will be left on the earth.
- Ways in viewing the rapture
- Amillennialist – They believe God’s promises regarding the end time is only a figure of speech and will not literally be fullfilled.
- Premillennialist- They believe that Christ will return to the earth prior to his literal 1000yr on the earth. There are 3 groups of this premillennialist.
- i. Post-tribulationists- They believe rapture will not occur until 7 yrs of tribulation.
- ii. Mid-tribulationists- They believe that 3 1/2 yrs into the tribulation, the rapture will occur. This means that the righteous would be involved in the tribulation until half way, and then they will be raptured.
- iii. Pre-tribulationists- They believe God will get the righteous out first and only the ungodly will go through this tribulation. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 says 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, – The wrath that is coming is only appointed for the unsaved.
- Jesus speaks an amazing revelation in the gospels. Revelation is progressively unfolding things. We see in the earth that which was prophesized by Christ, but these things are only symbols of things to come.
- Hubris is a Greek word meaning pride. Pride goes before destruction. The thing that happens at the end of the day will be do to man’s pride. He will contribute to his own demise.
- Matthew 24:3-8 says 3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows. – The disciples wanted to know how they would know when it would be time for Jesus to come back. This (these signs) is just a precursor, says Jesus. We will see these things play out. People are running to find food in Somalia today (like the famines mentioned) is just a precursor.
Rev 6 – The 4 horses
- These 4 horses will be powerful. When the rapture comes, they will usher in something.
- White horse– This stands for Religious deception.
- Red horse– It is a symbol of war.
- Black Horse – This one represents famine.
- Pale horse – This represents pestilence.
- Believers will be caught up when the rapture comes. Those who died in the Lord will be caught up. The Wicked will be left behind when the tribulation begins.
- 1st seal – White horse– Anti Christ- Revelation 6:1-2 says 1And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. – People rising up to lead people astray. It is all about the leaders. They will think he (the Anti Christ) has come to save them, but he has come deceive them.
- 2nd seal- Red horse– This is a symbol of war. Revelation 6:3-4 says3And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. – He has been there from the beginning. He lets brothers kill each other and there will be holy wars. They think they are fighting for God. The closer we get to this, note it is still not the end. When this starts we will see a mighty war. As we are speak, you might notice that we are letting nuclear war heads get into the wrong hands now. Remember that man will contribute to his own demise.
- 3rd seal- Black horse– Famine. Revelation 6:5-6 says5And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. -The famine that you see now; how can one country spend enough on a war that could end famine for a year in another country? What it takes for one week salary, during this time, will only pay for one meal. He will disrupt the commerce of the land. Man will be stumbling over each other just to try and get something to eat. Man brought this on himself.
- 4th seal- Pale Horse -Death. Revelation 6:7-8 says 7And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. – He was to the pestilence in the earth. Unusual viruses will enter the earth during this time. Even with our best efforts, there will be diseases that can’t be explained.
- 5th seal- Revelation 6:9-12 says 9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. – Under the altar where the throne was, those souls that had been slain in the name of the word of the Lord, wanted their blood avenged, but they were given white robes (rewards) and told to go back and rest a little while longer.
- 6th seal- Earthquakes– Revelation 6:12-18 says 12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? – Some people see events and say these things that are happening are coincidental. We have all this unusual stuff coming on. It is leading to the great earthquake. God is trying to shack things up and trying to get you to get your life together. When this earthquake comes, the sky will roll back. Everything will be moved out from its place. People will run to try and hide themselves. All the folk that had great power that are not saved will run and try and hide themselves. We allowed our Hubris (pride) to think we could do it our own way. All we had to do is surrender to the Lord. On that day, there won’t be any hiding places. Who will be able to stand? If you can, you need to thank God that you are saved. We can’t open 7, because it opens untold horrors and secrets. Everything was created to give God glory. When the trumpet sounds the king is coming.