Angels and demons VIII
Relationship between demonic access, prayer, and fasting
Synopsis of Bible Study 11/03/10
Delivered By Bishop Walker II
Remember we asked you what are your 3 greatest struggles were. We also asked how they manifested themselves (the struggles), how they affected your core values, and who is to blame these manifestations. Having said this, it is important to note that they are access points and the devil wants to get into those access points in order to control us. The devil’s main objective is to prevent God’s will from manifesting in our lives. The Devil knows what God wants to do in and through us and he wants to prevent that from happening.
Ephesians 2:2 says 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: – Translation; We remember what we used to be. We might not know what caused our behavior at the time, but we remember what we used to be. Now that we have come into revelations by God’s word, we identify that maybe this was a spirit. Demons have been attacking our life and thank God we are not that same person, but we remember how we used to be. So now, when we see people act like we used to, we are compassionate instead of judgmental, because we recognize that it is a spirit. They may not be aware of it, but because we are living in revelation we know it is the same spirit that worketh in the children of disobedience. Satan’s object again is to prevent God’s will from manifesting in our lives.
1. Satan has been opposed to everything that promotes God from the very beginning. Isaiah 14:13-14 says 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. –In this scripture, Satan says he is going to be like God. He understood God was getting the worship and he wanted to prevent this and have the worship go to himself.
2. When Jesus was sent to the earth, this is the purest of the glory of God. God’s will was that Jesus to come and save us from our sins. Consequently Matthew 2:16 says 16Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men. – When Herod felt he was being mocked, because they the Wisemen wouldn’t tell him where Jesus was, he decided to kill all the males. Satan wants to keep God’s will form coming to past.
3. Satan has no problem when you are his side, but when you are saved, this is when the controversy comes in.
4. Satan attacks the intellectual through mysteries.2 Corinthians 11:14 says 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. -Satan knows that you will recognize him if he comes at you straight up, so he packages himself to look like he is from God, so that he can gain access. You ask how intellectual people drink cyanide and get caught up into cults? It is because he Satan appeared as an angel of light.
5. Satan attacks those who are unlearned or without knowledge. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 says 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) – What is the root word of imaginations? It is images. What are images? They are pictures that must be developed in dark places. In other words they need a dark room experience to be developed. The devil wants to create images in your mind and in your life to defy what your reality is going to be. Ex-Things don’t look right in our life, but we don’t walk by sight, we walk by faith. The Devil is visual and God is audible. If faith comes by hearing and hearing by word of God, we must not allow the images Satan is showing us to take control of our life. Ex-If you are not careful, Satan will have you thinking the church hates you, because no one hugged you during visitation time. They are just images that Satan is showing you. You have to be careful.
6. For the religious person, the devil attacks through religious systems. 2 Timothy 3:5 says 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. –These are people that look like church (throw together theological phrases and put on religious garments), but they don’t have the power to back it up. It is just a mirage.
7. We must get a picture that transcends our situation. Corinthians 4:4 says 4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. -This word gives a picture of your destiny. This picture spoken into your life must transcend the image the devil is trying to show you. If the devil can blind your mind, you will sit there and believe that what is being proclaimed by the word over life as being impossible due to your current circumstances. You will think the message isn’t for you.
4 major sins of Satan
1. Four major sins of Satan is lying, murder, malice, pride. John 8:44 says 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
a. This scripture references the lying and murdering.
b. Malice means to cause physical harm.
c. Pride is exalt oneself above God or to get the bighead. .
Areas of access points
1. Remember last week we talked about being careful about what we open our spirits up to and we references Deuteronomy 18:10-14 where is says 10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. 11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God. 14For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.- Now we will put these things into perspective.
a. Use of Divination – A person who is a fortuneteller. This is an access point for the devil. When you mess with this, you are opening your spirit up to Satan. Prophesy don’t cost anything, it is free. Fortunetellers are nothing but prophets gone wild. The gift of prophesy is true, but when it goes demoniac, it manifests as fortune telling.
b. Observer of times – This is the use of horoscopes.
c. Enchanter– It is a Sorcerer or magician. It is one who has spirits and demons at their command.
d. Witch– A woman who is compact with the devil and practices sorcery and enchantment. It is the Spirit of witchcraft which is also an act of disobedience.
e. Charmer-One that attracts with affection. It manifests in a Jezebel spirit (this is not just a female spirit). This is one who uses charm to seduce power for position or self game.
f. Consulter with familiar spirits-one that asks counsel or information with familiar sprits.
g. Wizard– This is a male version of a witch (black magic).
h. Necromancer-Those that try to commune with the dead.
1. Everything we just shared all comes in at the outer-core. We have a question to ask. How many of you struggle with prayer regularly? We have an assumption. That assumption is that the majority of us who pray accumulatively at best commune with God 3 hrs a week. We are not talking about simple communications with God like “forgive me” or “Thank you for the food”. This is not communing/praying with God. When you really add up the time you commune with God undistracted it equates to about 3 hrs per week. Now take a look at your cell phone bill and notice how much time you spend communing and texting with others.
2. Why is it so difficult to pray? It is because prayer is difficult. Why is it when we try to pray, we get distracted? What is it that causes us to get sleepy when we pray? What is it about prayer that causes this? Prayer is that inner-core, the place where the spirit touches God. The devils objective is to prevent God’s will from manifesting in your life.
3. God’s will is manifested when you ask. When you seek it shall be found. Knock and door will be open. The reason you don’t have isn’t because you don’t ask, it is because you ask a miss. How do you feel when a person that hasn’t called you all year all of a sudden calls and asks for a hookup? Imagine then what God is saying. It is not that you aint asking, you are asking a miss. Satan then says he knows how to get us.
4. Why is it so difficult then for us that say we are spiritual? We take notes in church and attend church all the time. Why then when somebody asks us to pray, we can’t pray? How would you feel if your husband or wife had something to say to you, but wasn’t comfortable saying it, so they asked somebody else to ask you on their behalf? You don’t need any help asking your spouse anything, because you have intimacy. The point is we are not comfortable, because we don’t know what to say. Where is the intimacy? Like the Pharisees prayed in open to be seen, people have got us thinking that we are supposed to pray a certain way. Matthew 6:5-6 says 5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. -Some people pray long every time, because it is their only time they pray with God. They have to be seen of men. The devil is trying to prevent the will of God from manifesting in your life.
1. How a mute spirit attacks. Mark 9:14-17 says 14And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them. 15And straightway all the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to him saluted him. 16And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them? 17And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit; – Master in this scripture translates to teacher. A mute spirit is that spirit that says, I will attack you in a place where you won’t say anything. He will attack us in a way that causes us to turn it all in. You can’t beat this demon this way. This demon makes you withdraw, retreat, and convince yourself you can’t handle it on your own. This demon knows that in your inner-core, there is enough word to talk yourself out of it. If Satan mutes you, you will slip into depression.
2. Where ever you go, this spirit will tear you. Mark 9:18 says 18And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. – The boy’s father says this spirit tears his son. He has internal things that have not been reconciled. In this likeness, no matter where we go, we are torn from the inside out. It is making us manifest in ways that is not consistent to God’s will.
a. The mentioned in this scripture is yuck mouth – When you do talk, cursing comes out.
b. Gnashing of teeth- You are mad at everyone and suspicious of everyone. Everyone here is the person that has done you wrong in your mind. Now you are suspicious.
3. The man said he brought him to the disciples and they couldn’t help him. In like manner, we have these kinds of spirits, and we can’t do anything with them. Ex- Someone said, I love Jesus, but I can’t stand his wife. Who is Jesus wife? The church is his wife. People can’t stand Jesus’ wife (the church) because, she doesn’t speak, she is some timey, uppity, and doesn’t have any power. The father brought this demon to Jesus’ disciples, but why can’t we get this demon out? Exorcism is the power and authority within you to cast out what has got control of you.
4. Why can’t we exorcise our demons out of us? 19He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me. 20And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming. -When the spirit got in front of Jesus, it foamed at the mouth and fell down on the ground, and start wallowing. Remember 2 Corinthians 4:4 says 4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. – The devil wants you to see images so great that you doubt that God can change your situation. There is Jesus, the multitude, the boy’s father, the son with the dumb spirit, and the disciples. When the spirit gets in front of the Word (Jesus), he gets an audience to show up. The devil says if he can get the attention off of Jesus and onto himself, they won’t believe in Jesus’ power. This is the demon that wants to discredit God’s power and authority by manifesting and showing out. Ex- This is why everyone who you see shouting in the church is not of the Holy Spirit. Anything that distracts us from the word of God, is not of God, because the Holy Spirit and the Word work together. This demon has to show out. This demon will have you joining church every Sunday trying to exploit you..
5. Jesus wants to know how long this boy has been possessed. Mark 9:21 says 21And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child. -Jesus raised this question to bring the boy’s father into accountability.
6. The father gets a revelation. Mark 9:22 says 22And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us. -The father gets a revelation by Jesus asking how long he has been like that. No one had ever asked him this before. You didn’t just get your struggle, you inherited it. You are not just fighting your demons, but somebody else’s demons. This is why the doctor wants your family history when you go to the doctor. The same is true in the spirit. If these demons attacked your mother and father, it is a strong possibility that they are coming after you too. This is why we bless babies.
7. Some demons are inherited. Mark 9:23 says 23Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. -The reality is, whatever is wrong with his boy, is wrong with him. Believing is not what you see, it is what you know. Jesus never asked what he does. Jesus asked how long the boy had been like this. The father is locked on what he sees. Jesus reminds that if you can only believe that all things are possible, and then all things will be possible. This demon wants you to think all things aren’t possible. This demon will have you thinking that you will have to live the way you are living, but you don’t if you believe.
8. The father wants to believe. Mark 9:24 says 24And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. – Now the father has moved from communicating to communing. The unbelief is not inside is our body and our mind, the outer-core. We believe what the Pastor says, but we start doubting when we step back into our situation.
9. This enemy is trying to set the stage to prevent God’s will to come into his life. Mark 9:25-26 says 25When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 26And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.-Jesus orders him out and told him to never to come back. How many of you have no idea what an exorcism looks like? How many would tip out if one manifested right now? How many people have witnessed an exorcism? Ex-Bishop says he have seen demons on people while he was preaching. He explains that he sees so much when he preaching. Bishop says he sees all kinds of demons trying to distract him while he is preaching. Satan wants to distract your Pastor, because he knows that if the word your Pastor preaches comes forth, God’s will can be manifested in us. There are demonic manifestations in the people that even the unbeliever cannot deny. Ex – In 1995 rolled up on Jefferson. There are demons you wrote on your paper last week. They want to manifest. They may not make you get on the floor and foam at the mouth, but they still need an exorcism. Once they come out, you need to know what their response is going to be.
10. Demons want to harm you on the way out. In verse 26, the demon came out and the boy was as he was dead. Mark 9:26 says. 26And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. Demons don’t come out quickly, they come out fighting. They come out wanting to inflict harm on the person they are in. When he comes out he wants to cause so much damage, you think you will not make it. Nobody says you’re not going to make it when you have a demon, but when that devil comes out they will say it, because the demon wants to leave you dead.
11. Jesus took him by the hand. Mark 9:27 says 27But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose. –
12. They wanted to know why they couldn’t cast him out. Mark 9:28 says 28And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? – We want to know the same. Why do we keep coming to church and can’t get right of this?
13. Jesus answers with a solution. Mark 9:29 says 29And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. -Jesus is saying if you want this demon to come out, he is not coming out with our form and fashion of prayer. We have to learn how to fast and prayer together. Our spirit has to push through all that mess in our flesh, but if your flesh can submit through fasting, it will die. You will then fight from your spirit and not your flesh. Ex – Jesus asked the disciples to watch for one hour while he prayed, but they fell asleep. They fell asleep because of their flesh. When they came from Jesus, Peter cut the ear off of one the soldiers. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. You can’t deal with something in our flesh. When Jesus fasted 4 days and nights, the angels came and ministered to him. It is this point that you abstain, so God will sustain us. The flesh is saying got to have it, but your spirit will say he will sustain us. In this time, God will say, man shall not live by bread alone, but every word that comes out of the mouth of God. If you submit to fasting (denying self of food), you are in such a place of communion so when you pray, you can fight a good fight the good fight of faith. Ex- In 1995 on Jefferson Street, Bishop Walker use to go and lock himself in the church at 10 at night and lay at the altar. He would be praying and fasting and before you knew it, he would look up and it would be 5 in the morning. What kind of person does this? It is a person who is not in the flesh. The real reason we can’t defeat the demons on us is because we are trying to pray with our cute prayers. This mute rebellious foolish spirit that we thought was a dumb spirit; Jesus called a dumb and deaf spirit. The reason he wasn’t the boy wasn’t talking was because he hadn’t been listening. Some demons can only be done away with fasting and praying. Some demons will only be exorcised form when you come to place with total dependency on God. You can kill them in your flesh. You have to let God do it, because you can’t!