Angels and Demons VI
Relationships between angels and the Holy Spirit
Synopsis of Bible study 10/20/10
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
There is a relationship between angels and the Holy Spirit that is of note. Angels are unseen messengers and they cooperate with the Holy Spirit for those who are saved. Angels attend to the death of the Saints. When saved people pass on, angels ferry us into the presence of the Lord. Luke 16:22 says 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; – Bishop explained that he has been at a many of peoples besides while they transitioned (passed away). He explains that it appears that their eyes are fixed on something as if to be looking at something. Old people used to say they were looking at angels coming to get them. We don’t know if they really are, because Bishop said he never saw the angels himself and can’t verify it. However, we know angels ferry us from this world to the next.
- Angels delivered the apostles from prison. Here are some terms we should remember.
- Jesus chose 12 Disciples during his life time and he released them to be Apostles right before he ascended back into heaven. The Apostles established the early churches. There are the same 12 Disciples that walked with Jesus. Acts 5:17-24 says 17Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation, 18And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison. 19But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, 20Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life. 21And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought. 22But when the officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned and told, 23Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within. 24Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow.
- (Verse 24) in other words is saying they didn’t want the fact that the disciples somehow got out of prison to be mentioned to loud, because they did not want it to spread. Acts The captain knew if they handled the disciples incorrectly, the people would stone them. 5:25-26 says 25Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people. 26Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.
- In this scripture, we see the manifestation of all the previous words that we mentioned at the beginning of this passage. Acts 5:27-28 says 27And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us. – The Apostles had the assignment to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ. They were anointed to do what they did. This caused them to experience affliction. As result they got an angelic visitation. If we back into this concept we see that angels show up, in the affliction of anointed people, who are in their assignment.
- Jesus was in the garden in his assignment anointed in his affliction, but guess who came to minister to and strengthen him? It was angels. Stay in your assignment. Affliction will come, but in the moment of affliction, you get angelic visitation.
- An angel directs Phillip in the direction he was supposed to go. Acts 8:26 says 26And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.- The angels tell Phillip to go that way (towards the South). They are specific. The direction that the angels tell Phillip to go (down from Jerusalem) is dessert like so it will not be comfortable.
- Angels will direct you specifically at the right place and right time through the aid of the Holy Spirit. Acts 8:27 says 27And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,-Phillip ended up explaining salvation to the Eunuch. Angels often work with the Holy Spirit to speak to our inner-core. Angels will direct you specifically at the right place and right time through the aid of the Holy Spirit. Ex-Bishop explained how he was dropped off in Tennessee for Divinity School with just a backpack, one pair of jeans, tennis shoes, a couple of sweaters to go to Vanderbilt Divinity School. Because he grew up in church, he thought he would find him a church, so he went to Jefferson Street (This was his outer core). He decided after he got to Mt. Zion, that he would go in (This was his inner-core). When he went inside there were about 25 people in the church attending Sunday School. At that time the meeting age of the congregation was about 50 -60 yrs of age. . A Mother of the church (named Margaret Wilson) sensed that Bishop was a preacher. After confirming it with Bishop, she took him to the back to meet the Pastor. He met Dr Robison and he became his only Associate Minister. He served this Pastor for 3 yrs and this how Bishop went on to be the Pastor of Mt Zion Baptist Church. God had an angel that directed Bishop to go to Mt. Zion. Don’t doubt these moments when you think something told you to do something. It is not something. Could be an angel working with the Holy Spirit. Ex – Some people asked months back, how Bishop had managed to be successful at what he does. Bishop said he has gotten so used to God telling him to do things, so now he just steps into it without questioning how. Don’t miss your destiny by doubting an angelic voice telling you to go here or there.
- The enemy isn’t after everyone. Acts 12:1-2 says 1Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. –The affliction that comes only comes to those on God’s side.
- They had four troops of soldiers to guard one man. Acts 12:3-4 says 3And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 4And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people. Peter was placed on death row.
- When Peter was in prison, the church was praying for him. When Acts 12:5 says 5Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. – When one of us is under attack, it is never a time to Goggle and to gossip. It is a time to pray.
- Peter was guarded on death row. Acts 12:6 says 6And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. – Peter is on death row guarded by 4 quads of soldiers. He was sleeping. Who sleeps on the night before they die? The answer is one of great faith. What difference does it make for people to intercede for you if you don’t have the faith to match the intercession? We know Peter had that kind of faith, because he went to sleep while he was scheduled to be executed. He wasn’t worried.
- The angel directs Peter to get up from his dilemma. Acts 12:7-8 says 7And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. 8And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.- In other words the angel was saying, “Peter if you obey at this dimension, what is controlling you in this realm, will fall off.” If you are obedient to the voice in this realm, what has you controlled and depressed in this realm, will have to give you up. Look at Jonah. He disobeyed God in this realm and was swallowed in this realm. When he said yes to the one in that realm, the whale in this realm had to give him up. All Peter had to do is get up for his chains to fall off. Don’t stay down and wallow in it.
- The angel tells Peter to gather his stuff. Acts 12:8-9 says 8And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. 9And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. – We are not going to leave evidence that we were here. Peter had to gather his things and follow the angels.
- Peter walked out of the prison. Acts 12:10 says 10When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him. Peter is walking out the prison past the guards. The doors open up on its own accord. The laws in the spirit realm override the laws in the natural realm. What was the assignment of the angel? It wasn’t just to get Peter out of prison; it was to get him off the property. You aren’t free until you cross the street. Ex-You still have numbers in your phone, because you are still on the property. You aren’t done until you are across the street. Get that number out of your phone!
The Holy Spirit:
- Guides us
- Comforts us
- Abides in us
- Teaches us
- Reproves us
- Convicts us
- Empowers us
- Reveals us
- God will assign his angels to guard you to keep you out of harm’s way. Psalm 91:11 says 11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.- Always remember this scripture.
- 1. Jesus spoke of Satan and his kingdom. Matthew 12:22 says 22Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. -Jesus comes with the authority of the spiritual realm, because the power in that realm is greater than the power in this realm and as a result, the man gets healed.
- They making reference to Jesus’ blood line Matthew 12:23 says 23And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?-.
- Notice the Pharisees are not saying that Jesus casting out demons isn’t real. Matthew 12:24 says 24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.-They are not saying it ain’t real. They are saying that Jesus is a devil casting out devils.
- This realm that Jesus has come from has come to us. Matthew 12:25-28 says 25And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
- Jesus gives a revelation of two Kingdoms. Matthew 12:29-30 says 29Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. 30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. – Jesus gives us a revelation of two kingdoms which is the Kingdom of Darkness and the Kingdom of Light
- The devil will never fight against him, but he has mastered making people in God’s kingdom fight against themselves. Before you got saved, many of you had trouble, but not like the kind of trouble you have experienced since you got saved. You used to could sleep, drink or smoke your problems away. Now that you are running for God, you have a bull’s-eye on your back. Use your affliction as affirmation that you are no longer in the kingdom of darkness. If Satan is not bothering you, then it is an indication that you are still running with him. If you are with God, you are a threat and have upset Satan’s kingdom.
- The devil will never have his demons fight each other. He trains his troops to align themselves to fight us. This is why on one occasion demons inside a demon possessed man said, “We are legion and we are many.” These demons got on one accord to take over this man’s spirit. If we get together like this, as Christians we can destroy Satan’s kingdom. If two or three of us touch and agree there is nothing we can’t do. This is why the devil wants to divide us.
- When you tell people what church you go to, why do other folk start speaking negative against you? After all, you would think we all of the same side. It is demonic.
- Why haven’t all our churches come together? Just think, if we could get 11 preachers together on one panel (from every different church); we could turn this city upside down. The devil is trying to divide us. He knows if he divides God’s kingdom (turning each church against each other), we cannot stand.
- What is the strong man? Matthew 12:29 says 29Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. (First of all, Bishop Walker acknowledges how encouraging it was to see so many men at a Wednesday night Bible Study. He takes notice that there are more men in this service than most churches on Sunday Morning) Then he says, “Everything that God has done in history, even before time began, he started with a man. When God put his angelic court in place, he put Lucifer and angel in place to give him praise. Lucifer defected, but God started with a male angel Lucifer. When God made mankind, he started with one man named Adam. When God got ready to put the promise into the earth, he raised up one man named Abraham and gave him the promise (… out of you the whole nations of the world shall be bless…). When God decided to destroy the world, he chose one man named Noah to build an ark to save a remnant. When God got ready to speak to Israel at a time of disarray, God used Isaiah the prophet to prophesy and tell them what he was going to do. When God got ready to send his son into the world, he raised up one man named John the Baptist to proclaim the gospel and to say there is one coming after me whose shoes I am not worthy to bear. When God sent his son, he sent him in a form of a man looking just like you and me. You and I are the seed (men) and every demonic attack always begins with us (men). When you look at Adam and Eve and how the devil came in, you notice that he came into Adam and Eve’s house, but Eve was never supposed to answer the door. Adam was tied up, distracted and as a result, a snake got in his house. When the snake got in his house and stole his destiny, Adam tried to go soft on God and say the woman made me do it. God tells him,”No, I put you in charge of this. If you were in position, the snake would have never done this.” Every attack upon our children and our communities and our women always starts with us (men). The Devil wants to bind up the strong man, but if we as men could ever take our rightful place and be men of prayer, men that are not drawn to church by our women, but instead men who lead our women to church, men who are in the word, then the devil will think twice before he comes into our homes. He will know that our homes are homes where strong men dwell. He knows that our homes are homes that are covered. As a result, are sons start looking like us, our daughters start looking up to us and start marrying men like us, and our whole communities start getting better, because men took their rightful place. Women have had to assume role that God never intended for them to assume. So many men have been out of position; women had to be Mother and Father. They have done a great job, but the strong man has been tied up. No matter how strong, beautiful, and educated a woman is, every women loves a strong man. A strong man will bring the strongest woman to a place in her femininity that she will love that man submissively, because it is a spiritual thing. Men take your place.” – Every attack is to tie up the strong man
- They begin to defend themselves. John 8:41 says 41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. – The are defending themselves by saying that they are of God. .
- Here is our problem. John 8:42-43 says 42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. -Here is our problem. We are so outer-core (carnal), we honor our father the devil. Satan’s demons lie against the truth.
- When you die and you are saved, your flesh is going to the grave, your soul wraps around your spirit, and an angel will take you to essence of the Lord and you will rest there. Imagine this rest to be like the deep sleep we get from anesthesia multiplied by a trillion
- When we are not saved, our flesh goes to the earth. Because we chose the world over our soul, our soul goes to hell. The moment of torment has begun the moment that you die. Imagine this for moment:
- Think about the last thing you did, that you know you shouldn’t have done. What if the Lord, were to come back while you were doing that thing? No man knows the day or the hour that Jesus will come back. If we were pushed into making a guess to when we think Jesus would come back, a good guess would be that we are sure he won’t come back while we are at church. It will probably between 12am and 3am in the morning. The point is you don’t want him to catch you with your pants down or your work undone. We have to wrap our mind around this. This is scary. We would hope, as it relates to gaining a sense of sanity about living in this life, that we have enough brownie points stored up to outweigh what are we doing when Jesus comes back, but we really don’t know this for sure. This is why we should live every moment and every day thinking about our decisions knowing that at any moment he could come back. Ex-So if Jesus shows up at this party, will it be ok with him what we are doing?
- The day is going to come that we will leave here. You can have requests for your Pastor to do your Eulogy and you can have all the people on the program for words of comfort that you want. You can have as many resolves read as you want, but on that day (of your funeral) it won‘t make a difference, because your soul is already in smoking or non smoking.