Angels and demons Part IV
Synopsis of Bible study 10/06/10
Delivered by Bishop Walker
I. Mans relationship to the spirit world
- We were created in the image of God. Genesis 1:26 says 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. – Notice the pronoun us. God employed the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost in order to make man. This is the Trinity. What this scripture suggests is the Trinity made man in his image and if the Trinity made us in his image, then this must mean that you and I also must be trinity. If God is 3 in one, then it suggests that I in his image must be 3 in one. Like the Trinity is the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, we are body, soul, and spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 says 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. – There are things working in us at same time.
- Our physical man doesn’t look like God. John 4:24 says 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. – If our physical nature doesn’t look like God, which it doesn’t, then it makes us put in perspective why we use humanistic terms to identify God. We have to do this for our own satisfaction to kind of wrap our mind around who God is. This is how we get a concept of God for example when we say “The man upstairs”. Know that God is spirit. We really can’t handle the totality of God. If God has hands, which he does, it is not like ours lest he would run out of room to hold everything that we put on him.
- Paul talks about conversation to the Philippian Church. Philippians 3:21 21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
- Man was created a spiritual being. Colossians 3:9-10 says 9Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
- We were also created as moral beings. We were created to be beings with intellect. What we must understand as spiritual beings is we can’t get caught up thinking we are natural persons trying to have spiritual experiences. Instead we are spiritual persons, conquering the natural experience. If we get caught up in thinking that we are natural persons trying to conquer the spiritual, we will fail. We have to live in the spiritual all the time; this is why we must be spiritual.
- 6. We were created moral in the beginning. Genesis 3:1-3 says 1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. – Eve had a sense of morality. She had a sense of right and wrong.
- God gives us amazing intellect- Genesis 1:28 says 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. – Dominion means to rule. Note that a fool can’t rule.
II. Why spiritual people blow it?
Diagram for this section:
- Everybody reading this loves God. We all have a God consciousness which means we have a sense of morality.
- What then makes us do stupid stuff? In mankind’s fallen condition, though redeemed by His blood, is it truly possible for us to be cured of what we struggle with? In answering this, we must ask our self; have you been delivered from stuff before? Did you have to be delivered from it more than one time? If you did, then what was the problem? Was it in remission?
- The body touches the physical world through 5 senses.
- All of this is part of the body which is part of the outer core (refer to diagram). There are gates to the soul (referred to as soul gates) that come through these senses. We will show how these gates open up and allow access to our souls.
- Gates to our soul in the physical world:
- a. Sight – In the natural, sight allows us to see. When our soul gate is open, our sight translates into imagination. Everybody in here can see the same thing, but not see the same thing, when they see the same thing. In other words, our imagination can make us all see something different, though we are looking at the same thing. Ex– Bishop says he had a friend that said, “Man I would come and visit you at Mt Zion, but there are too many good looking girls there. That would distract me. “Bishop told him the issue is not the women at the church. The issue is the man’s imagination. The things that run our mind, is a gateway to our soul. Ex-If Bill Gates would be able to come up with a device that we could attach to our head and plug into our mind and then show it on the screen for the public to see, imagine what we would see. There are things that go on in saved people’s minds that would blow your mind. Where a person is spiritually determines how this gate opens. This is even harder for men, because men are visual people.
- Smell – In the natural realm, you smell something. In the soul realm, it is about your conscious. In the soul realm can detect evil. You smell something is not right or something just doesn’t seem right. That is smell in the soul realm.
- Hearing – This is the memory gate in soul realm. It recalls what has been heard spiritually. In the natural, we will forget stuff. Your “Hearing soul gate” will recall what you learned and heard and bring it back to your flesh. This gate can both bless you and curse you. If the devil goes in this gate, he will recall stuff back to you that you did in the past to make you feel guilty.
- Taste– This gate is for reason or to compare fact. Like the scripture that says “…Taste and see that the Lord is good…” It is by comparison. In the soul, by comparative analysis, we have come to the conclusion that no one is like God.
- Touch-This is the gate for Sensual although in the natural, could be affection. Ex – Walking in the park holding hands with your significant other and you tell them that you are not vibing, yet you are holding hands. You feel it in your soul that even though you are holding your hands, you are miles away. A person in the flesh thinks that the more that they touch you, the more closer you will get when in fact it really reminds you of how far you are apart. Remember the song writer wrote, “There a stranger in my house, and the stranger is you. “
III. The spirit of man can only receive impressions from the physical world through the soul
- The soul stands between the physical man and the spirit man. The only way the spirit man gets it is by receiving impressions from the physical world through the soul.
- 5 Senses of the spirit world (These are also are the only 5 ways you can communicate with God).
- Faith – No man comes to God, except he believes that God is and he is a rewarder to those who diligently seek him.
- Hope – Why does a man hope for that which he already has?
- Reverence – I must reverence God, hollowed be thou name,
- Prayer – Ask whatever ye shall ask and it shall be given. No man comes to the Father except by the son.
- Worship – Enter into his gates with Thanksgiving and into his courts with praise.
- Notice we didn’t say praise in this list. Praise has nothing to do with communicating with God. Praise is singing about God. Worship is singing to God. There is a difference. You don’t have to be saved to praise God, but worship is an act of surrender and intimacy.
- How many people can remember the day, you were born? So you really don’t know when you were born then. You just believed what your parents told you. In fact you might be sitting here 5 yrs older than you think you are.
- How many of you remember being inside your mother’s womb? You were clearly alive. Your heart was beating and you were eating when she was eating. Some of us sucked our thumb inside the womb, but we don’t remember. Go to the minute before you were born. Most of us can say we don’t remember it. We are all here and we have no sense of our experience in the womb. Could it be the way we enter in this world is similar to the way we go out of it? We are alive, but do we really know about our exit and entrance into this world? Think about it. Clearly there is life before the womb, but we don’t get credit before the time we were born. They don’t say the baby is 9mths and 1 day old. They don’t count our days on this earth until we come out of the womb, but you clearly we were here (inside the womb) before our day of birth. It was almost like you came out of eternity? Where did we come from? Where did our breath come from? It came from God and when you die, he going to ask for it back?
- The will of a man stands at the door of our natural man and keeps the Holy Spirit from coming in.
- You have to surrender yourself to the word of God. Hebrews 4:12 says 12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. The word of God wants to get in your spirit and soul to impact your flesh.
- The natural man can never understand spiritual things.1 Corinthians 2:14 says 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. – The natural man or outer core doesn’t understand spiritual things. We try to have inner core conversations with outer core people. They think coming to bible study is too much church because they are outer core people. They would drop everything for party, but not church.
- It is not enough for the Holy Spirit to take up resident in an inner man. How many know people that are reading this know that they are truly saved? The outer core (refer to diagram) is what jacks us up. The Holy Spirit must have access to the soul and the body. You got to surrender. The battlefield of good in evil is taking place in the soul of man. Matthew 26:41 says 41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. – Your outer core is weak.
10. Whatever you work out is the part that will get big. Galatians 5:17 says 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. – Whatever you feed is what will get big. We feed and feed our flesh and we turn it into a monster and as a result, it overcomes our sprit. Ex- On one side of the battlefield is our flesh. On the other side is our spirit. Our soul is in the middle. It should be easy for our spirit to go in, get to our soul, and attach and control our flesh (1-2-3 steps). However, we make it hard. Instead of 3 steps, our flesh keeps running in the other direction away from the spirit making the distance between the two further away. The more the spirit runs towards our flesh, the further the flesh gets away. Instead of 3 steps, it turns into a marathon for our spirit. Often rather than a 3 step walk, it is a marathon trying to work through stuff we have built up over a lifetime. This is not sinners, this is church people. The devil keeps putting this thing in your flesh to build up these layers. When they say this is how they are, they want you to think the Holy Spirit is not powerful enough to help you overcome.
Story based on Luke 16 entitled:
“Why you need to pay attention to the decisions you make and who is after your soul”
There was a rich man that had a whole lot of money. He dressed very nice. He was a baller and shot caller. Then there was this dude that didn’t have much. His name was Lazarus, but he was not the Lazarus that Jesus raised from the dead. This brother Lazarus was a brother down on luck. He was brought to the gat and he was very, very, sick. He had sores on him and puss was coming out of them. Everyday day he would ask for just the crumbs from the rich man’s table. The rich man was so stingy and so unkind to him that the rich man’s dog would come and lick the man’s sores. It came to pass the beggar died one day. An angel carried him to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man died also and was buried. When the rich man opened his eyes, he aware of where he is instantly. He opened up his eyes in hell, in torment. He saw Lazarus resting in Abraham’s bosom afar off. He asked Abraham if Lazarus could dip his finger in water and put it on his tongue, because it was hot where he was. Abraham said, “Remember in your lifetime, you had it all and didn’t want to help this man out. Now look, Lazarus is comforted and you are in torment. “Abraham said further, “There are different laws here. There is a gulf, a space between us. We can’t come over there and you can’t come over here.” This is hell, to see what you can’t have. The rich man asked if he could send Lazarus to his father’s house warn his 5 brothers of this torment. Abraham said, “Bishop Walker be preaching every Sunday. Let them get up and go to church to hear him. “The Rich Man said, “But if they could see a dead man rise they would be convinced that this is true, because Lazarus was dead and is now he is risen!” Abraham says, “If they not going to listen to Bishop Walker what makes you think they are going to listen to a dead man that has risen from the grave?”
Moral of this story– What the devil wants is your soul. God works from the inside out. He wants the Holy Spirit to push out and control your flesh and decisions. Demons wants to work from outside in , affect your flesh, to cause a cancer in your flesh, so the distance between flesh is spirit is so great that, your spirit thinks you can never overcome this. There is instantly at point of death consciousness for those that don’t know him. When you did and you are not in him, you instantly know that you are in hell. Our Jewish brothers and sisters believe hell is the absence from God. We live through too much hell down here to die and go to hell.
Are we trying to scare you? Yes, we are trying to scare the hell right out of you!