Angels and demons Part III
Bible study 9/29/10
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
1. Remember we learned that there are two worlds or two realms. There is physical world and a spiritual world and God created us to exist between the two. God also created the angels who constantly go between the two.
2. Remember the whole creation. In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God. God existed before the beginning. Before the beginning of time, there is the existence of God and the heavenly court filled with seraphim and cherubim and they gave glory to the one that sat on the throne. Isaiah 6:1-2 says 1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. – This all happened before the beginning began. This was all in the sprit realm before time began. When God created the beginning, this is when time began. God dwelt in eternity.
3. Remember Lucifer was the chief angel that directed the choir. When he was cast down into the physical realm (the earth) he became Satan or the devil. He brought a 3rd of the angels with him and they became demons (fallen angles). Satan then becomes the prince of the air, the god of this world.
Why is this significant?
1. God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. Genesis 1:1 says 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. – Lucifer, God, and the angels existed before the beginning of time.
2. The earth was chaotic. Genesis 1:2 says 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. – There was a reason why the earth was void and without form. Satan’s rebellion brought chaos and darkness onto the earth. Darkness was upon the face of the deep. God allowed his spirit to move upon the face of the water.
3. God said let there be light. And there was. Genesis 1:3 says 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. God divided the light from the darkness. Genesis 1:4 says 4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. – Satan brings chaos and darkness into the earth. God divided the light to divide the darkness that already existed. God gave us a choice at that time. Either we can dwell in the darkness or in lightness.
5. Historically, many of you were made to believe verse 3 was the creation of light as we know it, but it was not. If we look at Genesis 1:14 it says 14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:- God is talking about the sun and the stars at this point in this scripture. God puts the sun up and the lights in the heavens to help us understand seasons, days, and nights. This is not the same light that is being talked about in verse 3. Verse 3 is talking about the light of God’s glory.
6. When Adam and Eve were in the garden, the dragon was after something. What was it? When you look at Satan’s departure from the heavenly realm and his arrival to the earth realm, you must know that Satan is after one thing. It is your soul.
Battle for souls
1. You are made up of flesh, spirit, and soul. God says he wants to work with you from the inside out. If you give your soul, he will dwell in you with spirit, and as a result, he will control your flesh. Satan says if he can get your flesh, he can rob your spirit, and ultimately steal your soul. Now you have God after your soul and Satan after your soul. Imagine the warfare that is going on.
2. We must put on the armor of God so we can stand against the attacks the devil. Ephesians 6:11says 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:12-18 says 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; – The word is for offense. Faith is defense. If there is a battle for the souls, Satan is after access. Ex- To demonstrate this, we pick a girl out of the air and we call her Brandy. Now Satan wants access to Brandy. Remember there is a way he gets access to us all. That access is called HALT. This acronym stands for hungry, angry, lonely, and tired. These are all conditions that Satan uses to gain access to us.
a. Now Brandy is hungry (could be for food, intimacy, relationship, and number of things). The devil says he has a demon to fulfill her hunger. We just see Brandy as a person. When we see her acting out, it is not her. It is the demons that have attached themselves to her. You can’t see the demons, because they are hid. They are cowards.
b. Now Brandy gets angry and Satan sends a demon for her anger. The angry demon says tells Brandy to curse the person out that she is mad at, so Brandy does it. Now it is Friday. Brandy starts calling people and no one is home. Brandy starts watching TV and nothing is on except for stuff she has seen over and over again.
c. Now Brandy is lonely. The devil sends her a nice demon. This demon says, “Look, this is what you need to do. “ Suddenly Brandy has gotten so lonely stuff she would never consider starts looking good. People she would never consider stepping to starts looking good. Suddenly she starts lowering her standards.
d. Next Brandy becomes tired. This can mean that she is physically or emotionally tired. The point is she is just tired. Brandy just needs somebody that can pour into her and give her strength. Now Satan is going to bring a demon that is going to pour strength into her. Brandy starts acting out in all these different ways and then society starts judging her. Jesus looks at Brandy and sees all the demons that are attached to Brandy. In the flesh you only see Brandy’s demons. We think Brandy has all this stuff going on, but it is the demons in her. The longer you stay hungry, the more prone you are to start eating trash. If we get hungry enough we will start eating out of the garbage can. The idea is that these demons keep wanting to attach to us. They are looking for openings to attach to. Many people are in church, yet they are still angry. We do all of this lifting up our hands and worshipping and then we get back into the car and start cursing the person we are mad at. The demon doesn’t care anything about us coming to church. What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul.
The 3 heavens
1. There is the heaven of the earth’s atmosphere. This is where the planes and the birds fly.
2. There is the heaven of the stars and the moon.
3. There is the heaven where God dwells often called the third heaven. 2 Corinthians 12:1-4 says 1It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. – It was not lawful for this man to utter what he saw in the third heaven. He heard things in the spirit realm that he could not utter in this realm.
Understanding of the underworld
Philippians 2:10-11 says 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. – Under the earth is the key term here.
1. The grave – We are made up of 3 dimensions. We are body, spirit, and soul. The grave is the abode of the body.
2. When we are in our body, we are absent from the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:6 says 6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:- Our body is here and not in heaven. We are absent from God.
3. Our bodies are just shells for our soul. 2 Corinthians 5:8 says 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. -Sometimes we see our loved ones pass on. We see them in the casket and we think it is them. Often at funerals people say they want to go with them. Remember our deceased loved one are absent from the body, but present with the Lord.
4. There are laws that regulate the physical realm and there are laws that regulate the spiritual realm and each of those laws are different. We see are loved ones and we are wondering how we will go on. Before we know it, we might start talking to the body of the deceased. We forget that our loved one is not there anymore. Our body is just a shell that houses our soul. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 says 13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. – When the trumpet sounds the dead in Christ shall arise and our body will take off corruption and put on incorruption. The mortal must put on immortality where we do not age. Death is swallowed up. The power of sin is the law in this realm, but God gives us the victory through Jesus Christ. When Madea passes on or Papa passes on, there is this longing for them that we experience, but know that we will we see them again.
5. This is a legitimate question. Will we really see our loved ones again? You will see them, but not like you’ve known them. The law of this realm can’t work in that realm (the spirit realm). When you die, your flesh must go back to its origin (dust). Remember when God said let us make man in his image, he put word and spirit in the man, but he also put dirt in the mixture. God made us from the ground but he put spirit inside of us. When we die our body goes back to the dirt, but our soul goes back to God and rests with him.
6. If they are with God and asleep, will they know us? 1 Corinthians 13:12 says 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.- When that time comes, we will know Jesus like we know ourselves. 1 John 3:2 says 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. -In the earth, we don’t really know what Jesus really looked like, because when he came and dwelt among us, he wrapped himself in flesh. He did this because we could not handle his glory. He wrapped himself in something that we could understand. Will we know him? The laws are different. Ex- Bishop explained that when he was widowed, he struggled with something about the 2nd yr. after his former wife passed away. He wondered could he ever move on. In a sense, moving on made him feel like he was cheating. Can you ever really move on after someone has passed? Are we cheating? The Lord reminded Bishop that what he was doing was bringing laws down to the earth that don’t exist in heaven. There is no law of marriage in heaven. Angels don’t marry. God gave us marriage here so that we could multiply, but it won’t be like that in heaven. Imagine if the law of marriage happened in heaven. It would be like having a soap opera in heaven. This is why we say when you get married, “… until death do you part…” They have no memory of us or marriage from heaven after they have passed on.
7. How do we know this? If they had a consciousness of us in this realm, heaven would become hell. They would constantly be worried in heaven about us. Can you imagine dying and always thinking about your children that you left behind? You would be worried sick. It would not be heaven anymore at the point. When we pass away, in heaven we will be like the angels. One love will bring us all together. We will be angelic beings giving one glory to the one on the throne. We will know each other, but like we know each other now. If we did we would be in heaven trying to set up territories for our families and friends. When a person passes, instantly they are transformed in the Lord and are asleep.
8. They left behind a shell. We have funerals for it, but it is just a shell. The person that passed on is asleep in Christ. The shell is for us.
9. Paul spoke to church at Thessalonica. Paul made sense of it. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 says 13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. – They are sleep with Jesus.
10. The Lord is going to come from the 3rd heaven and descend to the first heaven on a cloud. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16 says 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: – With a voice of an archangel, Christ will say to an angel “Blow a trumpet “and the dead in Christ will rise. Your body isn’t getting up, your soul is getting up.
11. They will be caught up together. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 says 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. – Your soul will come together with the souls that died before you and we will be with Jesus on a cloud. You will meet the Lord in the air and we shall go back to no time and no aging. We will go back to time with no beginnings.
12. We used to say one of these days we will go where the wicked shall cease from troubling and weary will be at rest. 1 Thessalonians 4:18 says 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words. – We are not going to the 3rd heaven when we die. It is coming to us. God has this so worked out; we will be in the clouds reigning with Christ for 1000 yrs while all sorts of torment will happen on this earth. God is going to deal with Satan and then he will bring heaven down. You might wonder why God would bring heaven down into this realm when it looks so awful and the descriptions of heaven are so awesome. Know that old things will be pass away and all things will become new.