Angels and demons Part 1
The Spirit world vs. the Physical World
Synopsis of Bible Study 9/15/10
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Scripture reveals the existence of two worlds. They are the Spiritual World and Physical World. Now we will refer to the Physical World as the Natural World. Much of what we call miracles or strange phenonemums can be explained when we understand the relation of the spirit world to the physical world. Many people are unaware of the fact that there are angels and demons existing in the spirit world and that they are actively concerned about the affairs of our lives in the physical world. Why you are going on through your day, there is a spirit world full of angels and demons. Often, there is a war going on over your head. There are people that doubt that the spirit world exists and what it can do. The Sadducees denied and doubted the resurrection of Christ. Matthew 22:23 says 23The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him. Note that there are around 300 references found in the scriptures concerning angels and demons and their existence.
I. There is a difference between the Physical and Spiritual World
- There is a difference between the physical and spiritual world, just like there is a difference between animal life and plant life. The difference between the plant and animal life is that animals have conscious life. The difference between animal life and human life is that we have a living soul which dwells a spirit. In you dwells a soul that is eternal and we have the spirit of God that breaths into us life. We have the ruach of God or the breath of God inside of us. God blew himself into us and as a result we have a life.
- Because man is a living soul, the only way to relate to the spirit world is by the spirit. Your carnal nature can never relate to the spirit world. It will never make sense to you in the natural.
- There are two different laws that govern this world.
- There is a law of magnetism that counters magnetization in the physical world. The law of magnetism in the natural world counteracts the law of gravitation. The law of gravitation says, if you drop something, it is going to fall. The law of magnetism says it can prevent the fall. These two laws counter each other.
- In the spirit world there is a law of resurrection that counters the law of death. What you got to do is learn how to interpret your reality in the natural from a spiritual perspective. As a spiritual person, you can’t interpret your reality with natural laws. We must interpret our reality by applying spiritual laws to our natural situation.
i. Often what we call a miracle is a person’s inability to acquaint with the law. Ex– You can have a Pagan person living in the boondocks and if they were given a radio even during this time of technology, they might think it was miracle. It isn’t a miracle; they just haven’t been acquainted with certain laws meaning in this case, they have never seen a radio.
- On one occasion Jesus hears that Lazarus is sick. Jesus purposely allows him pass away. He tells the disciples that Lazarus was sleep. He tells them that he wanted to go and awake Lazarus from his sleep. The disciples are interpreting according to natural laws (him being sleep). Jesus was referring to his death when he told them this. He finally had to come straight out and say he was dead. Mary and Martha had an attitude when Jesus got there, because they are interrupting reality with natural laws. They said he has been dead for 4days. Jesus says he comes to apply a spiritual law to natural situation. Remember that Jesus is the resurrection. Those who are spiritual operate with spiritual laws. If you don’t, the natural laws will take over. Ex-Spiritually, you see tithing as a means to help you out of your situation, even if it looks like you don’t have enough money to do so. In the natural, you see that you have more bills than money coming in. We have to learn to bring the laws down. There are laws in the spiritual world that should supersede laws down here. Ex–
- Thou kingdom come thou will be done on earth as it is in heaven. When you are spiritual, you understand things natural people don’t understand. Everything you live by is spiritual and you can’t explain to carnal people what you are doing. Ex– In the natural, when you have 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread and there are 5000 people to feed, somebody’s not going to eat.
II. The spirit world was created just like the natural world
- All things other than the God Head were created. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost were not created
- The Angelic Host, Celestial beings, Angelic beings, and even devils have a distinct order.
- 3. The angelic hosts sung praises to God when he created the earth. When Job was wrestling with why God would let this stuff happen to him, God says in Job 38:4-7 4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? – This suggests that the celestial hosts were singing praises to God while the earth was being created.
- When were angels created?
- The Angels were created before creation.
- Angelic host were created above man. Hebrews 2:6-9 says 6But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him? 7Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 8Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. – We are under the angels.
- What is the form of the angels?
- The angelic host is a spiritual order of beings. 1 Corinthians 15:40-43 says 40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: – You and I are sown in the earth at death just like a seed. We are sown in corruption here, but awaken in incorruption there. We are sown in dishonor here, but we wake up in glory. We are sown in weakness, but awaken in strength. We are sown one way and awaken another.
- You have a natural body and spirit body. 1 Corinthians 15:44 says 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. – There is natural world and a spirit world. We try to approach the spirit world with our natural body. We expect the spirit world to bless our natural body, but the sprit is after the sprit. You look in the mirror and say it is you, but it really isn’t you. You are the person behind what you see. No matter how fine you think you are, there is a great equalizer. One day a preacher will say earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dirt to dirt over you. We are nothing more than well put together dirt, but this is not who we are. We are the spirit. People who are spiritual see your spirit. The reason you keep struggling is you keep chasing the natural. Ex – We hook up with somebody, because in the natural, we think they look good. When they start changing, we look for someone else that looks good. If you are spiritually connected, no matter how the person you hooked up with changes, you remain connected to who they are. The laws of this world say feed and dress your natural. Spiritual people go back to Adam. Adam said you are bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh. In other words, he saw what was on the outside first.
- Number of angels
- They are innumerable. Hebrews 12:22 says 22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
- John tried to count them once. In Revelation 5:11 it says 11And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
- Do angels have wings?
- The answer is yes.
III. Classes and ranks of the spirit world
- Angel means messenger. It designates an office, not a person.
- Types of Holy Angels
- Seraphim – Celestial being having 3 pairs of wings. They were signers calling attention to the holiness of God Isaiah 6:1-8 says 1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 4And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. 5Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. 6Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. 8Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
- Cherubim – They have 2 pr wings, 4 faces. They were guardians of the throne. Genesis 3:24 says 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. – A cherubim was placed at the entrance of the Garden of Eden. Ezekiel 1:4-25 says 4And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf’s foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. 8And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. 10As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. 11Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. 12And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. 13As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning. 15Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces. 16The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. 17When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. 18As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four. 19And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. 20Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 21When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 22And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above. 23And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies. 24And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings. 25And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
- Celestial Princes
- Lucifer -Satan, the son of morning. He was the most exalted of the angelic beings by creation and appointment. Lucifer didn’t start as the Devil, but he becomes the Devil. Ezekiel 28:12-13 says 12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. – He had all of these precious stones that covered his body. He had tabrets like pipes inside his body so when he talked, it came out musically. He was made for music. Music comes from the word amusement. This is why the devils main attack is through our music. We use music for amusement. Ezekiel 28:14-15 says 14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. – God created Lucifer to be an angel until iniquity was found in him. Ezekiel 28:16 says 16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. – God said he wasn’t having it. Ezekiel 28:17 says 17Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. – God cast Lucifer out of heaven.
Then Isaiah takes over with the story:
Isaiah 14:12-13 says 12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:Satan thought he would fill heaven with sin. Isaiah 14:14 says 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. – Satan had begun to question God receiving all the glory. Isaiah 14:15-17 says 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? – Lucifer/Satan was the angel that brought hell into the earth realm. He was originally over the music ministry in heaven, but he got prideful.
- Michael – This name means one who is like God. He is the only arch angel listed in scripture. Daniel 10:13 says 13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Daniel 12:1 says 1And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
- Gabriel – Messenger for Lord. Daniel 8:16 says 16And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision., Daniel 9:21-27 says 21Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. 22And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. 23At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. 24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. – When God comes back, Gabriel will make the announcement. Jesus is going to come back based on spiritual laws. He left here on spiritual laws and will return the same way. Ex- One disciple said he would not believe Jesus died and rose until he saw the nail prints in his hand. When Jesus left, he left ascending. He defied the natural law of gravity. An angel says the same way you saw him leave, he is coming back. When you live spiritually, you live expecting him to come back breaking natural laws.
- Ministering spirits.
- God will send angels to minster to you. Hebrews 1:14 says 14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
- Angels even came to minister to Jesus. Matthew 4:11 says 11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. -Often in great moments of crises, God will send ministering angels to you. It is time when you can’t really hear anything or anybody else. God will send a ministering spirit to remind you that he has your back.
- Satanic Kingdom
- Lucifer – Has many names. Adversary, prince of power of the air, the devil, wicked one, accuser, dragon, serpent, and etc… He has the many names, but he is the Devil.
- Fallen angels- 2 Peter 2:4 says 4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; – When Lucifer had sinned, he convinced a 3rd of the angels to sin with him. They were cast down to the earth with Lucifer and they became demons. Demons will attack you in your sleep and in your dreams. You need to know when they are coming at you when you are unaware.
- 4 classes of demons and devils
Ephesians 6:12 says 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Principalities – Have to do with kingdoms. Jeremiah 13:18 says 8Say unto the king and to the queen, Humble yourselves, sit down: for your principalities shall come down, even the crown of your glory.-This is a quest for dominion or authority. Satan is the god of this world who wants to set up dominion of this world or certain areas of your life. Ex-You often wonder why the demons are taking over this part of your life or neighborhood. It is because they want dominion over that certain area. The devil is after principalities. Even thought the prince has dominion or authority in this real, he is still under the dominion of the King our God. Colossians 2:9-10 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: – You need to understand, the devil wants you to think he is in control, but God is really in control. Job will tell you if you need a witness. God gave Satan permission to mess with Job, but he could not mess with his soul.
- Powers – These are extensions of the princes. Luke 10:18-19 says 18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. – Jesus was there when Satan got put out of heaven. And he says he saw Satan fall from heaven like lighting. In verse 19, he says he gave them power. Ex- Lighting is a power source like electricity. It can be interrupted like NES does, but still it is powerful. Jesus is saying you have enough power to interrupt that power. The angels of God want to minister to you from the inside out. They want to come at your spirit and work its way out so you would exude joy and confidence. Demons want to attack you from the outside in. This is why the word says greater is he that lives within you than he who is in the world. You have the power inside of you to interrupt things. If you don’t know you have this power, this is how you open yourself up to demonic possession
- Rulers of darkness – They are dedicated to ignorance. What the devil wants to do is prevent knowledge and revelation. 2 Corinthians 4:6 says 6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.-It is knowledge that brings us out of the darkness. Darkness represents ignorance. It represents not being in the know. If Satan can keep you in the darkness, you will miss the revelation. Without revelation, you will believe you will not have anything or be anything. Without revelation, you will sleep with and tip out with anyone. When you go through some of your most painful moments; the demons will say to you, “Stay home. You don’t need to go to church today. You can deal with this yourself. ” Satan knows if you come and get revelation, you may end up realizing that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. This is why the Sunday you miss is often turns out to be the Sunday you should have been there to get the word you need. Don’t let nothing stop you from getting that revelation. Get a tape, a DVD, a Mt Zion Anywhere. Whatever it takes.
- Spiritual wickedness in high places – Forces that major in the realms of the spiritual and attack your spiritual life. Spiritual wickedness in high places suggest that the greater you altitude, the more the game changes. The more you try to do good, the more the devil changes his attack. Paul says when I would do good, evil is on every hand.
He will attack:
- Your music, Ephesians 5:19 says 19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; – We are supposed to be singing hymns and spiritual songs.
- He attacks God’s will for your life. Colossians 1:9 says 9For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
- He will attack your love for the word.
People of God, there is an organized spirit world out there. We are taking your though boot camp these next 6wks, so you can recognize that all the cursing and stuff you are doing to your enemy is not how you deal with them. We are going to teach the power of intercession, praying in the Holy Ghost, learning the power of worship bringing the Kingdom of God into your situation. When you show up, demons ought to tremble.