When God moves the hedge Part III
If you wait it out, he’ll work it out
Synopsis of Sermon 7/18/10
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Job 14:13-14 says 13O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
If there is anything that we have learned about Job’s situation, it is the fact that God is always working in the lives of his people. God is actively involved in the affairs of our lives. No matter how difficult the circumstances may be, you have to see the hand of God in it.
- What Job teaches us is that perseverance will pay off.
- Job also teaches that if you position yourself in God’s will and you wait this thing out, you will discover what job discovered. You will discover that God has already worked it out. So many people get ahead of God by being anxious, because they are nervous, or inpatient, but the bible says be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and supplication let your requests be made known unto God.
Job makes a request to God and then he takes a stand in God. Perhaps that is what God is saying to someone today who is big on the request side, but suffering on the stand side. You cannot ask God to do, if you refuse to be. Your convictions must be clear. Your stance must be sure. You resolve must be resounding. We are preaching this message today so you will know that in the midst of your situation, it is important to develop a God posture. You have to look like God wants you to look like and you got to believe God for what he wants you to believe him for. You got to tell folk that no matter what they say about your situation, God is still working this thing out. For somebody now, the question should never be if God is going to do it. You are not reading this because you wonder if God is going to do it. You have a history with God. You have seen God do too much over the years to even let doubt come out of your mouth. You know God is going to do it. The real question is how long are we willing to wait for God to manifest it into our life? I know it is rough, but wait it out. We know you are pushed to the edge, but wait it out. If you just wait this thing out, God will work it out.
In this lesson Job is really asking God for his Providential Security.
I. Providential Security
Job 14:13a says 13O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past …
- In other words, Job knows God has the ability to do what he can’t do. He literally asks God to hide him in the grave. This is not a physical grave. It is a secret place (the grave as the scripture says) until the wrath be past. It is a powerful revelation of getting into the right position.
- Position-The grave represents a place of isolation and insulation where we can get impartation and revelation of our situation knowing that ultimately we are going to get elevation. This is important, because when people walk about you, some people to think that you are not there. This is because their opinions will do you more harm than they will good. Remember Job had friends that were syndical of him. His own wife said curse God and die. All of his friends sat around Job for 7 days and 7 nights. They looked at Job up and down trying to see what his next move was going to be. Because of this we need for God to put us in a secret place where we can be exempt of other people, because there are people that become experts at our situation when their own lives are more jacked up than ours. How can they help us, if they can’t get their own lives together?
- Protection. It is about providential security. What we are saying here is “Lord while you are hiding me, please move on my behalf. “ Psalm 91:1 says 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. – We want the Lord to keep us secret until this wrath has past.
- Development – Whatever has to happen, please let it happen in this secret place. You can work your mess out while you’re in secret and the whole world will never know. We need to thank God for the secret place.
- Delay– There is a reason things aren’t happening, it is about our destiny. In delay, we learn that God has kept stuff from happening to us.
- Destiny-You didn’t just pop up over night. You were in the secret place. God was working on us and covering us while we were in secret. Give God glory because he helped you while you were in secret.
II. Provide me a set time
Job 14:13b says that thou wouldest appoint me a set time…
- None of us want to go through without term limits. We don’t mind going through trials as long as it has term limits. It is hard to go through without time limits on the dilemma that we are going through. We don’t want our trials to have tenure. Trouble don’t last always. You got to get real with God and stop playing with him.
- Job says give me a set time and remember me. It is ok to be real with God. Job says when this thing is over; he wanted God to remember him. He wanted to be covered for a season. There is power in prayer. We have not, because we ask not. Matthew 7:7 says 7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
- When you pray remember this:
- Ask the father in Jesus name and believe you receive when you pray. – The moment you go on your face to pray, believe that it is already done.
- Control your thought life in agreement with what you believe you will receive. – Don’t let imaginations run through your mind and make you have doubt.
- Avoid confrontation with those who are not in agreement with what you believe you will receive.
- Think and see yourself with the promise of God already manifested.
III. There is a certain period, a set time…
- This is a revelation of chronos-our time. From this we get the word chronography which deals with watch time or the calendar time. We operate in the restrictions of this time. We live by our blackberry and by our calendar. This time is based on all kinds of limitations
- Kairos– This is God’s time. God does not dwell in time, but eternity. He can interrupt our time (chronos) anytime he gets ready. On chronos time, we can sleep on it. Kairos desires a radical response. Something has to quicken in your spirit for this to work. God can at any moment, take a kairos moment and interrupt our chronos moment.
- Job asks God for a set time. Remember Job says man born of a woman is a few days of trouble. Job recognizes that our life is in chronos time (referring to few days of trouble). God allows these calamities to come in an interrupt our schedule.
- Job was in prayer and a prosperous man. Job would be a planner in today’s times. He would have had a retirement plan in place and would have already decided who he was going to allocate his property to after he died. Like this, we have 2, 5, and 7yr plans, and then God sends a calamity to interrupt our plans and it delays us. Ex –We have a set time to retire, the time has come, yet we are still working. You got to understand about God’s kairos time. God will interrupt our chronos time not to set us back, but to set us up with a kairos moment. The good thing is, God will step back in when we get back on track from the interruption and fast track our time.
- Even though circumstances look bad, God has it. You won’t always be as broke as you are or as sick as you are. No matter how it looks on your clock, God will step in and do something radical. Grandma says he might not come when you want him, but he is always on time.
IV. Patient in his sovereignty
Job 14:14 says 14If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
- If a person has been sick as you, can they be well again? If a person’s credit is bad as yours, can they get back on track? If a person has been wounded, can they ever trust again? Some of you are in your after life now. We are living our best life right now. You have died so to speak and have been brought back. Some of us can be witnesses that you can come back.
- There is a collision between chronos and kairos time. When Job says all of my appointed time, he is referring to it as the collision between the two times (kairos and chronos). Ex- You can leave at 7 o’clock to arrive on time for an 8’oclock appointment. This is chronos. You get there and 8 o’clock and they say sit down. See your appointment is 8, but they tell you to sit down. Your time is not guaranteed. You are just in position. You begin to notice that there are several people there that have an 8 o’clock appointment as well. You got to find comfort in something. You have to know that:
- The doctor is there. The doctor is in the building.
- You have to find comfort in the fact that there are people coming from there who have already seen the doctor.
- There are people still going to see him. You have to wait until your change come. Stay in position, because eventually he will call your name and eventually your situation will change. If you get up and leave, you might miss what the doctor has for you. Therefore; we have to submit to the doctor’s time. Wait until your change comes. It is hard to wait for some of us.
- When you wait, there has to be no doubt that your situation is coming to pass as long as you are in position. Keep in your mind, a change is going to come. Ex-Bishop tells a story that he was travelling few yrs back. He was trying to take a getaway. He states he packed nothing but his shirt, shorts and flip flops. He didn’t even take any books. He says that he ended up getting a connecting flight. He tells us that he leaves Nashville and is good for the time being. When he gets to the ATL airport he finds out that his connecting flight has been delayed. Bishop is waiting, but he was cool, because he knows where he is going. He could already see himself sitting under the palm trees. Then they get on the intercom and say the flight is being delayed. 30 mins later they get on the intercom again and say Bishop’s flight is further delayed and they didn’t know how long. The staff told them they wanted them to stay in the gate area so they would be able to hear further announcements and updates on the delay as they came in. Bishop says he is watching this go down. The people in airport are on chronos time and they have stuff to do like vacations and family reunions. Eventually everyone started getting in line to go a wear the gate agent out. Everyone had something to say. They had to vent, but who could he vent to? All the people at this gate were waiting for the same thing. People began to get angry and Bishop was wearing the gate agent out, then Bishop started feeling sorry for her. After all, it wasn’t her fault. She just made the announcement. When it became Bishops turn he told her what a good job she was doing. Out of conviction, he just went and sat back down. Finally when the plane came in and they were getting ready to board, Bishop heard his name called. The gate agent called Bishop back up to the desk. The agent says that it had been a rough day and she just wanted to give Bishop a ticket. Bishop told her that he already had a ticket. The gate agent said she just wanted to upgrade him to 1st class, because he was so nice while he waited. Bishop said the Spirit of the Lord started speaking to him. He was frustrated before. Like some of us, we are frustrated because we have already left one place, but we not where we need to be. Bishop states while he was sitting there frustrated, he was convicted. The Holy Spirit said to Bishop, “What did she say?” Bishop explains, “Flight delay!” The Holy Spirit says, “Did you hear what you just said?” Bishop says, “Yes, flight delay”. The Holy Spirit then said, “But she didn’t say the flight was cancelled!” A delay is not a denial. The Holy Spirit said this ain’t anything but a layover. If you put your lip in and give the Lord a praise, you might get an upgrade when it is time to get where you going. You not where you used to be and you are close to where you about to go, but if you praise him on the layover ! Just give God praise on the layover. He might not come when you want him to, but he is always on time. Don’t know how long you been waiting, but don’t get tired of waiting. If God made you a promise, it is going to come to pass.