Knowing made the difference
Synopsis of sermon 06/06/10
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
God allows certain things to happen in our lives. It is all about experiential knowledge which is when God allows things to happen to push us to our revelation. There is no substitute for going through things for yourself. We can’t just be comfortable riding on other people’s revelation. How would you know God could heal, unless you have been sick? How would you know that God could make a way out of no way, unless your back was up against the wall? You have to recognize that God has been good to us despite our circumstances. We come to revelation based on our experience. This is where David is today. Things have challenged his anointing. This is a reminder of who God is, so we won’t become weary in well doing.
Look at James 1:2-3 says 2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. – Here James embraces experience because it gives him greater knowledge. In Romans 8:28 it says 28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.- This scripture implies that we have seen how God has made these things that happen in our life, work together for our good. 1 John 3:2 says 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. – This scripture suggests that at this moment, we come into the know. We must know that God is attempting to bring us out of darkness into revelation.
I. Complete Provision
Psalm 27:1 1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Whatever we need, we have to come to a place where we know God has it. God doesn’t do us like people do us by saying he can help us and then turning around and not doing it. God can handle the totality of it, because he is our source and supply. We don’t place expectations on people wanting them to do what they were not designed to do. No matter who isn’t, we thank God that He is. When we raise e the question who what how, we find that the Lord is always our answer. People look at us and see the power of God working in our lives and we have to realize that it is not us doing it. It is the Lord doing it. We are able to work every day, because the Lord is. It is not because we have been so good. It is because the Lord is.
- The Lord is our light-This represents knowledge. He gives us in other words revelation. – Then we live in the knowledge, we refuse to live in darkness and not bring light into our situation. Matthew 4:16 says 16The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.- In this scripture, it describes how Jesus showed up as the light while men were sitting in darkness. In John 8:12 it says 12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. – Jesus reminds us that the light is within us. Psalm 119:105 says 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.- When we have God in our life, we have revelation. We are a walking in illumination that comes with revelation. By this we mean that we can be in a dark situation and bring light to it, based on our revelation. We are not there to complain how bad it is. We are supposed to bring people into revelation, based on what we know
- He is the strength of our life: First we need to understand the concept of salvation in order for us to get the full effect. In Salvation, the savee has to know that they don’t have the power to save themselves. We must realize that while we were yet sinners, God saved us. God died for the ungodly. If God has the power to save us from Calvary, what problem could be worse than that? God saved the woman who was about to be stoned, the three Hebrew boys, and even Lazarus who had already had his funeral. Isn’t it amazing how God will send you the word that you need the most right when you need it. God will give you a light when you need it the most. God will not withhold anything from those who walk upright.
- He rescues us. God delivers us from our situations.
II. Certain of his power-
You will never know God’s power unless you acknowledge our greatest weakness. Remember when Paul asked the thorn to be removed 3 times and the Lord said his grace was sufficient. 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.-Once you turn it over to God and acknowledge you can’t do it on your own, God’s strength kicks in at our weakness point. Corinthians 4:16 says 16For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.-You can’t operate just in your flesh. You don’t get your inner man renewed Sunday by Sunday. You do it day by day, because you catch hell every day. We want to thank God for renewing us day by day. Our enemies ought to thank God for this day by day renewing, because without it, we could have cut somebody by now!
The strength you gain is from the Holy Ghost. Drinking won’t work, because our trouble can swim. Smoking blunts won’t work, because trouble can get higher than any high we can get. Ex– Bishop Walker says he remembers traveling though Alexandra Louisiana with his Uncle. Bishop kept seeing that the truck was riding on “E”, yet his Uncle kept driving instead of stopping for Gas. A few miles down the road, he asked his Uncle again about stopping for gas, but Bishop’s Uncle assured him that he had it under control. Finally after seeing how concerned Bishop was, his Uncle said, “D do you see this?” His uncle hit a button that was located under the dashboard. Next thing you know, the gas hand went back up as they were driving. What Bishop did not know was that this truck had a reserve tank on it. Just like this, we have to thank God that we got power that can kick in just when we think we are about to go under. Like the truck, we have a reserve tank. The scripture says that they that wait upon the Lord would have their strength renewed. We have power that makes us stable. We are not going to let the devil run us from where we need to be! We have to make up our mind that we will be stead fast and unmovable always abiding in his word!
III Confidence in his protection
Psalm 27:2-3 says 2When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. – “Encamp” means that our enemy set up their tents while they were after us. Despite all of this, the scripture reminds that we will be confident.
- When you read this (verse 2) in your bible, you understand what “stumble” means from an English perspective. It means to tip over. In Hebrew it means to be destroyed. Your enemy is like a horror move; they can have one leg and one arm cut off and yet they keep on coming after you. While we are still in our situation, we are going to still give God the glory, we are going to appear like we know we are coming out of it, and we are going to keep our head up. There are folk that are still determined to be faithful and show up in despite what they are going through.
- Unless there is with us, that which is above us, we shall soon be consumed by that which is about to destroy us. In other words you are allowing what you see, to eclipse what you know. We don’t walk by sight; we walk by faith so we can’t live by what it looks like. We live by what we know.
- If you are not comfortable, you will have others worry about your situation more than you. David recognizes there is a
- Conspiracy-We are fighting an organized legion of demons that are aligned to strategically take us out. This is why you wake up saying if isn’t one thing, it’s another.
- Crowd– The things stacked up against us has become a crowd.
- Conflict– Both conspiracy and crowds bring about conflict which serves as host. Know that in the midst of these things, you are covered
- Covering-People have been dispatched by Hell’s Temp Agency. They are sent to your life to frustrate you and keep you from reaching your destiny.
- When the scripture mentions, “… Even mine enemies and my foes…” know that this is not your real enemy. You real problem is your “Friendmies”. These are those that appear they have your back, but privately they are jealous of your anointing and will privately try to take you out. This is an organized platoon coming at you. David says they can come all they want to. He wrote this song because they stumbled and fell.
- “They came to eat up my flesh” mentioned in the scripture means that they came like a pack of wild dogs, but they stumbled and fell. They were destroyed. It is not like God tipped them off. They were destroyed. Remember how God saved us? He never tipped anybody off. When God brought the Israelites out, he waited until the last one got out of the sea, then Pharaoh’s army was destroyed. Ex- Bishop was in the airport and he picked up a book to read while he was waiting. It was on World War II. In World War II, the Air force of Great Britain (which were our allies), had this amazing group of pilots they were called the Royal Air Guards. The Royal Air Guard otherwise called the Fighter Interceptor Unit had a specific job to do. Their job was to intercept aerial assaults at night. They practiced during the day, but worked at night. They were so trained and accurate; their radars were able to see the attack before it happened. Before the Royal Air Guards would be dispatched, they would intercept the missile before it could get into the target’s airspace. Now the target would be asleep while a war would be going on over their heads. The Royal air Guard would not even inform the target, because they had it under control why the target slept. We don’t wrestle against flesh. Over our head the devil is launching an attack. We can’t tell, because God blocks it before it gets to us. He won’t worry about waking us up. We give God the glory, because what is so special about the target they want to attack it night? David saw himself as a target. This was the same David that slew Goliath. Just like David, though we are targets, we are giant slayers. This is why the devil wants to take us out. It was Saul to was jealous, because he could not do what David did. Your enemy is jealous for the same reason. He wants to take you out, but you have to know that you are protected. We do just like the target in the book. We can sleep knowing that God has our back!