Get out of the way of the glory
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Text: 12 Since this new covenant gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory fading away. 14 But the people’s minds were hardened, and even to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, a veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. 15 Yes, even today when they read Moses’ writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, then the veil is taken away. 17 Now, the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom. 18 And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more. 2 Cor 3:12-18 (NLT)
God demands the presence of his people. The glory of God is the supernatural presence of God in the earth realm. When we experience the presence of God, it is God rearranging things in the natural to look like that of the Kingdom of God.
There are many hindrances that prevent God’s glory from taking place. We ourselves often put are in the way of the manifestation of the glory God. We prevent the glory from showing up. There is a certain attitude and atmosphere needed for this event to take place. We have to be willing to make some adjustments for this to happen. There are those who have moved beyond religion and are ready and willing to receive God’s Glory. Paul calls these hindrances the veil. The veil is symbolic of the thing that keeps people from experiencing the totality of God. God says more now than ever, it is important that we have and experience Gods glory. God says he is an intimate God meaning he is right there where we are. We need God’s glory. We need too much from God to allow anyone to stand in the way its manifestation. No matter what we got to move or rearrange, we have got to get to God’s glory. We need in this season the total manifestation of this Glory. When we experience the manifestation of God’s glory, we receive his healing and his power.
Paul says we have too much in the way of the glory of God. Paul shares with us:
I. The lesson of the veil (vs. 16 of the text)
The veil was the thing that separated the people from the glory of God. Many of us only comprehend God through the veil. We do not experience God in his totality. To give an example, anytime tradition hinders you from God you have experienced being blocked by the veil. What is your veil? Is it:
1. Denominationalism. This is when we refuse to move if it doesn’t follow the protocol of our doctrine
2. Arrogance-When you think it is all about you. We think that everything we have achieved is a result of us and not God. God is not going to share his glory with anyone. No matter what you think the Lord will have his way.
3. Acceptance-When you do what you do for people’s affirmation. We have to realize that some folk won’t like us no matter what you do.
In this season, people are after truth. You came to this service or you are reading this document, because you are after truth. Paul declared the truth about the veil in the text. In the Old Covenant they had veil set up in the temple, but because of Christ, we no longer have to live behind the veil. 50 Then Jesus shouted out again, and he gave up his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, Matt 27:50-51 (NLT). The veil was set up in the temple so people would have to pass their sacrifice for their sins from outer court to inner court and give to high priest. The high priest would then take and put the sacrifice on the altar for their sins. This caused those in the outer court not to experience the power and the presence of God personally. When Christ died, the veil ripped symbolizing that from then on we could go to God for ourselves.
II Liberty is validated (vs. 17 of text)
The mere fact that the scripture qualifies that the Spirit is God suggests that there are other spirits running around church such as the spirit of witchcraft, the spirit jezebel, and the spirit of antichrist for example. We have to try the spirit by the sprit. The Spirit of God sets us free.
When the spirit of God is present, he allows us to transcend every situation. In other words our relationship with Christ causes us to rise above every situation. The glory of God causes us to respond to every level of trails. Liberty is validated by who we are and not where we are, based on whom we know (God). This means we can be in a situation and still be free. Ex-The 3 Hebrew boys was in the fiery furnace, yet the king saw them walking around free in the fire. God doesn’t have to get us out of our situation in order for us to be free. We can be freed while we are in the mist of our situation. Ex 2-Paul and Silas were in jail. They were bound, yet they sang praises to God. As a result, they are freed from prison before being set free from prison. Once you recognize getting free in a thing, that’s when you realize you can transition a thing. God says he will transition you or bring you out of it.
Whenever you get out of the glory of God, you realize the power of:
1. The right environment-People want to come to church to create the right environment for receiving God’s glory.
2. They want an encounter. People want to experience God personally.
3. Expression- People feel free to express their feelings anywhere they are.
There are people that wonder how you are able to give God the glory, while you are going through what you are going through. If our liberty is validated, then wherever we are and whatever situation we are in, we are still free.
III. Life is victorious (vs. 18 of text)
We look through the glass and we see what happens is the veil was like a curtain. Only privileged people could see what happened behind the veil (the priest). In other words, through the veil, you only experience God based on what somebody told you happened behind the curtain. With an open face or a removal of the veil, we can see everything that happens clearly. Paul says when you see God’s glory; you are transformed by what you see. You can’t see God’s glory and not be changed. When you see him, you walk different and talk different. Some people stay the same, because they haven’t really seen God.
When we have seen God our:
1. Countenance changes –You will never be the same after you encounter God.
2. Condition changes-We changed and from trouble to glory. God will change your situation, no matter what it looks like. When you have seen him, you don’t have to praise him on que anymore. You can’t help but to give God praise, because you are praising God for his presence. If you are after the glory, God says get ready.
You about to experience the:
1. Power of glory- 1 kings 8:10-11-When the glory cloud comes, Bishop explains that he will not be able to preach and choir want be able to sing. When his God’s power comes, you have go with the flow.
2. Praise him for his glory-Give God glory and stop giving it to man for what was done in your life. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25 (KJV). . Give God the glory. If I should get any glory, let it go to Calvary. Give God the glory.
God is about to manifest the promise of his glory 5 My Spirit remains among you, just as I promised when you came out of Egypt. So do not be afraid. 6 “For this is what the LORD Almighty says: In just a little while I will again shake the heavens and the earth. I will shake the oceans and the dry land, too. 7 I will shake all the nations, and the treasures of all the nations will come to this Temple. I will fill this place with glory, says the LORD Almighty. 8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD Almighty. 9 The future glory of this Temple will be greater than its past glory, says the LORD Almighty. And in this place I will bring peace. I, the LORD Almighty, have spoken!” Hag 2:5-9 (NLT)-God said don’t worry about the economy. The silver and Gold belongs to him. What you are going to, will be greater than what you are going through. This time God is going to give you peace. The glory of God will bring peace and you will sleep like never before and be able to walk like never before. Receive God’s glory.
- growintheword on Just a thought
- Alex on Just a thought
- growintheword on Walking in the Anointing II “Protecting the anointing”, Bible study 04/06/16
- Linda Podkowka on Walking in the Anointing II “Protecting the anointing”, Bible study 04/06/16
- growintheword on Angels & Demons Part I, “The Spiritual World vs. the Physical World” Bible Study 09/15/10