Killer Sex Part III
Bible Study 04/15/09
Breaking the spirit of pornography and sexual addiction
Delivered by Bishop Walker
Pornography can create unhealthy relationships. Research shows 40% – 50% of rapists use porn to arouse themselves before they attack. Statistically pornography is an 8 billion dollar a year business. Statistics show that 17.5 million Web surfers visit porn sites per month. Last year, Web surfers spent 970 million dollars accessing porn sites. About 70% of porn ends up in the hands of minors. 1.12 million children each year are exploited in child pornography.
These were a few statistics, but the truth is, pornography, is a serious issue. It is important that research is brought to you so you can see how serious this issue can be. There are two ways that people look at addiction. Science says addiction is a disease of the brain. They have medicine now that is s supposed to bring down the desire of a person’s addiction. There are some people that think addiction is simply a lack of discipline. Spiritually we must know no matter what you think is right between the two, it ends up still a battle that starts in the mind. The mind is the battle ground that all of our issues start from. This happens to be Satan’s favorite place to launch his attack.
There is something about that look that you gave someone that is bad as the act itself. 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matt 5:28 (KJV).
We are not intentional about putting evil into our lives. 3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. Psalms 101:3 (KJV). When you intentionally set something in your view, it creates a problem.
Pornography comes from the Greek word porneia. This word is translated as fornication in the King James Version of the Bible. Porneuo which is the verb form of this same word refers to the act of committing fornication. The word Porne is translated as harlot. This simply implies that you can’t have porn without a whore or harlot being involved. Whore in its use can be applied to the male gender as well as the female gender. In order to have pornography, the whore must be the star. The whore then seduces you to become a whore also. One scripture tells us that being a whoremonger can cause us to miss heave. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Eph 5:5 (KJV). Some more supporting scriptures are as follows: 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 1 Tim 1:10 (KJV), 4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. Heb 13:4 (KJV), 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Rev 21:8 (KJV),
Many lustful sins take place in dark the dark or in secret, but nothing is hidden from God. After all of the hiding you have done, remember God saw it. 13 Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done Heb 4:13 (NLT)-God sees it all.
The sin of pornography will eventually lead to you getting caught. 23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out. Num 32:23 (KJV). Adultery and pornography will get you caught. You can’t hide it.
What does pornography do us?
1. Makes you minimize your vessel. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Cor 6:17-18 (KJV) -pornography makes one sin against its own body. We think we are taking when we deal with pornography, be actually we are really withdrawing from ourselves. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s 1 Cor 6:19-20 (KJV).
2. Your body doesn’t belong to you. Your body belongs to God. Pornography causes your flesh to want to do its own thing. The Holy Spirit in you tries to stop you, but your flesh wants to turn the Holy Ghost in you off. You can’t give the Holy Ghost a recess. The Holy Ghost is great in you, much greater than the world.
What’s wrong with looking
1. Saw is a word we must examine. The issue is not what we see, but what we saw. When we see something, we see it and it’s gone or forgotten. When we saw something, it means what we saw stayed on our mind. We are still recalling it. Now we hope that what we saw shows up again. Ex-You saw somebody last week and now you hope that they come back again this week. Whatever occupies mental space is what we consider “saw”. In the saw state, we have to realize that the thing we saw impacted us and has taken on mental space in our mind. Genesis 34:2 -After he laid his eyes on her, he saw and then he acted.
2. David ended up sleeping with a married woman and had children with her, because of what he saw. 2 And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king’s house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? 4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house. 5 And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child. 2 Sam 11:2-5 (KJV)
3. When a victim doesn’t get help, they become a Villain. 15 When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face. 16 And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me? Gen 38:15-16 (KJV)
4. Samson loved whores. 1 Then went Samson to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her. Judges 16:1 (KJV)
a. We know this because Samson admitted that the woman he met satisfied his condition. 2 And he came up, and told his father and his mother, and said, I have seen a woman in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines: now therefore get her for me to wife. 3 Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. Judges 14:2-3 (KJV)
Power of image
1. The eye gate takes the picture, but it is developed on the mind. 2 And he came up, and told his father and his mother, and said, I have seen a woman in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines: now therefore get her for me to wife. 3 Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. Judges 14:2-3 (KJV). The enemy creates fantasies, and then you have to distinguish it from fantasy to reality. Then you start moving pornography into the reality. There are people that are having sexual relationships with you that you haven’t even met. People have imaginations and the eye and the mind is where it begins. Ex-There is a woman that is a wife and her husband is at the computer getting their head full of images with porn for example. Now he needs the wife to do what he sees this image doing. The wife tries to accommodate her husband’s request, because in a marriage the bed is not defiled. Anything goes as long as both agree and it does not bring any kind of harm to the other person. Now a problem has arisen. The wife has found that it is hard to compete with a whore (in the porn). This is another reason why you should why we need to converse about each other’s likes and dislikes, before marriage. Now the husband goes back over to the image and then returns to his wife. As a result, the husband is having relationship with the wife, but not really, because the image in his head is giving him desires that his wife can’t realistically meet. She can’t meet these expectations, because this is not who she is. Now the relationship has gotten desensitized and as a result they are growing apart instead of growing together.
2. What are we going to do when we have this issue caused by porn? Most people end up masturbating. What pornography wants you to do is masturbate or fornicate. Your image will not stay in your mind. It is too big a spirit. It will want to get out. Ex-There has been a common debate among Pastors. The debate is this. Is masturbation wrong? Think about it. We are taught they we are not supposed to fornicate, but we still have these images in our head that cause us to want to have sex. What do we do if we can’t fornicate? The fact of the matter is this; the only way to masturbate is you have to have an image. When you masturbate and you have an image, the image is a problem. There is a scripture that helps us with this issue; 9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. 10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also. Gen 38:9-10 (KJV) -We don’t know if you will go to hell for masturbating, but we do know the guy in the scripture died from allowing his seed to spill on the ground. What do you think about this issue now?
10 principles to follow to avoid pornography and sex addictions
1. Acknowledge that addiction exists. 13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Prov 28:13 (KJV)
2. Know that God will help you
3. Recognize that what you are doing is wrong. (Don’t try to justify it). 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:16-17 (KJV)
4. Don’t blame others. (Ex- “If my wife did this more, I wouldn’t do that…”) 12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. Gen 3:12 (KJV)
5. Make yourself accountable to spiritual authority. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16 (KJV)
6. Recognize that will power is not the answer. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, Jude 1:24 (KJV)
7. Study God’s word on sexual maturity and destroy all pornography in your house. 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. James 1:24 (KJV). -You got to get that pornography out of your house. It is hard to study God’s word if you have these spirits in your house.
8. Learn to flee temptation. 14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. 15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. Prov 4:14-15 (KJV). -Ex-There was this athlete recently that was explaining the subject,” addictions in athletes”. He explained how his teammates unknowingly enabled him in his addiction. You have to know that there are some things you can’t be around.
9. Give yourself time to work through the process of recovery. This is a marathon not a sprint. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12 (KJV). . The truth is 95% of people would be good Christians if it wasn’t for the issue of sex. 10. Got to be determined to get deliverance.
7 steps process of deliverance
1. Faith in practice. 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:22-23 (KJV), 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? James 2:20 (KJV) -if you have faith with no practice, it will not work. We believe you can lay hands on people and they can be healed, but you need to be willing to get counseling too. We have to realize that people want a quick fix and are not willing to put in the work it takes to get delivered these days. We have to put our faith in practice.
2. Fasting and prayer- 29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. Mark 9:29 (KJV) -Although people have come up with different forms of fasting, the real form is really fasting from food. When you fast from food, you put your body into subjection. When you fast from food, you are saying though you feel like you can’t make it, you know the Spirit of God will sustain you. Through fasting, you are teaching your body to come under subjection. When you abstain (from food), so you can sustain (as a result of relying on God), you hear from God like never before.
3. Fellowship with the right people. 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14 (KJV). You got to change your crowd.
4. Forgive your past. There are things from your past that have caused you to act out in many ways. You have to learn to forgive those people who caused these issues from your past. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matt 5:44 (KJV) – If you don’t deal with your past, you won’t obtain deliverance.
5. Focus on the path. 1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 2 Cor 4:1 (KJV) -, 1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Heb 12:1 (KJV) -If we focus on the path, we are focusing on our assignment.
6. Be fruitful in your purpose. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1 Tim 1:16 (KJV) -Stay busy. The busier you stay, the less time you have to deal with have for foolishness. Some people will tell you that staying busy will sometimes keep you out of a mess.
7. Fight for the promise. 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:4 (KJV) – God spoke an abundance of things in our lives. The devil is trying to change the channel on this. Ex- It is like watching a good movie and all of a sudden somebody comes in and changes the channel. You might say, “I was watching that!” Satan is hoping that you will change your mind once you see the channel he wants you to see.
All this is nothing but spiritual warfare. It is a fight for your future, mind, family, etc… Your generational curse can end now if you fight. 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Cor 10:4-5 (KJV). It can end now, but it takes the willingness to confront your issue.