Killer Sex II
“Trick of fornication and trap the of adultery”
Bible Study 04/08/09
Delivered by Bishop Walker III
Everyone knows fornication and adultery is wrong, so we will not elaborate on that. Knowing this, the issue really becomes, how does it impact me? This helps me put in perspective what the enemy was after when he attacked.
Fornication: Comes from Greek word, pornia. This makes up part of our word pornography. This is simply sexual intercourse between two consenting adults who are not married to each other
Adultery: Comes from the Greek word, moicheia. It means unlawful intercourse with another persons’ wife or husband.
Homosexuality: One who lies with a male was with a female, male or vice versa. 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1 Cor 6:9 (KJV); 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 1 Tim 1:10 (KJV)
Beastality: To lie or have sex with an animal. 23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Lev 18:23 (KJV)
Lewdness: Comes from the Greek word, aselgeia. This is the absence of restraint. It is the being unable to sustain from the pleasures of sex and over desire for pleasure. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. Romans 13:13 (KJV). Lewdness is the act of being involved with sexual acts without boundaries. This is a person that has allowed Satan to pull them into sexual immoral situations. Ex-Like that woman that is in the club and has gotten drunk and now everyone is dancing around her and it looks like they might as well be having sex. She has put herself in a situation for immoral sexual activity to take place.
God intended sex to be held within the institution of marriage. 4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. Heb 13:4 (KJV). Sex is supposed to be a good thing. In marriage, sexuality was intended to be beautiful. Sex is supposed to be recreation and re – creation. In other words we were supposed to recreate to populate the world and re-create meaning we are always renewing the adventures within the marital relationship sexually.
I. What harm does fornication cause?
Ex-Bishop Walker states he was not always a person that was free from fornication. He explains that he too has struggled with fornication prior to his call to the ministry.
What is the big deal with fornication?
1. It destroys the body. Sexually transmitted disease is one dilemma that comes from fornication. When you fornicate, you open yourself up to stuff you would not normally open yourself up to. This is why some people have to be nervous when it is time for the blood test.
2. It distorts the mind. This is why the devil tries to attack us sexually in our earlier years. The devil knows that if he can distort your mind based on your earlier experiences, he can mess you up in your later years. The majority of people who are struggling with homosexuality, being promiscuous, and other sexual challenges will tell you that something happened to them when they were young. They have all had some kind of sexual complication at a young age.
3. It destroys the soul. 11 Afterward you will groan in anguish when disease consumes your body, 12 and you will say, “How I hated discipline! If only I had not demanded my own way! Prov 5:11-12 (NLT)-People involved in fornication get consumed with guilt, and then they don’t want to be in church anymore. The enemy wants to put you in isolation so that you won’t grow spiritually. Satan uses your guilt to keep you from the word which takes away your spiritual strength. 30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry; 31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house. 32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. 33 A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away. 34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance. 35 He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts. Prov 6:30-35 (KJV). When a man or woman commits adultery or fornication, their soul is destroyed. When your soul is destroyed, your soul goes to hell instead of heaven when you pass away. Imagine heaven in its entire splendor. Imagine being in the presence of God always and being somewhere that the streets paved with gold and to think we would give all that up over a piece (fornication).
II. God’s intent for sexuality has to be understood
1. God originally intended for man and woman to be equal. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Gen 1:26 (KJV) Sexual intercourse was undistorted by sin.
2. God intended sex to result in populating the earth.28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen 1:28 (KJV) – In this scripture, God was saying fill up the earth.
3. Biological and social counterparts and compliments.
a. God wanted us to have something to compliment us. God wanted sex to be a means of complimenting you.
b. God said he would make something biologically and socially compatible for man. 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Gen 2:18 (KJV). When Adam named the animals, Adam found that there was nothing compatible for him. The animals were lower than Adam. When you lie with dogs, you will get up with flees. God never intended for you to hook up with something that is lower than yourself.
4. Monogamous relationships and marriage. 23 “At last!” Adam exclaimed. “She is part of my own flesh and bone! She will be called `woman,’ because she was taken out of a man.” 24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. Gen 2:23-24 (NLT). God ordained the institution of marriage. Adam and Eve were united as one.
5. Physical exposure without shame. 9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? Gen 3:9-11 (KJV). Before sin, nakedness was not a shameful thing. Remember in Genesis 2, Adam and Eve was naked and not ashamed. In Gen 3:10 God came looking for Adam and found them hiding and ashamed. What sin does is make you live your life covering up. Anytime there is adultery or fornication, there is a cover up. People that have affairs have to keep covering things up. They hide their phones; go to bathroom to talk on the phone, and etc. Sin makes you ashamed of what you are doing.
6. Remember the devil comes to seek, kill, and destroy. He tricked Eve into allowing sin to enter into this world (when she ate the fruit off the tree). This brought about distortion of sexuality.
7. Distortion of sexuality. Satan distorted sexuality in the fall of man. Now there come gender dominance.
8. Gender dominance- 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Gen 3:16 (KJV). Women weren’t supposed to have labor pains. Sin brought this into the word and her punishment included her desires being that of her husband who would rule over her.
9. Women were regarded as property. If you go back in the Old Testament, you will find that women were regarded as property. When Sarah found she was barren, she told Abraham to go and lay with her handmaid, Hagar. It was like the maiden was just a piece of property. 2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai. Gen 16:2 (KJV)
10. Women valued primarily for procreative ability-Samuel’s mother went to temple to pray about her barrenness. She thought something was wrong with her. 7 Year after year it was the same—Peninnah would taunt Hannah as they went to the Tabernacle. Hannah would finally be reduced to tears and would not even eat. 8 “What’s the matter, Hannah?” Elkanah would ask. “Why aren’t you eating? Why be so sad just because you have no children? You have me—isn’t that better than having ten sons?” 1 Sam 1:7-8 (NLT). A woman was not held of high value if she could not bear children.
11. Sex viewed as a mechanical act. Some people can be involved with sex and have no feelings involved. It is all about physical satisfaction. This was another cause of sex being distorted.
12. Tolerant of male extra marital activities. Immoral sex makes you tolerant of people cheating within the marriage institution.
We must note that there is a culture wrapped around this bible that we read today. The bible is a portion of history. If you understand the influences that operated in the background, you would understand how sex crept into the church. Israel always went after pagan gods. These things that were worshipped had no life. Throughout history of the bible, there was always trouble with people worshipping idols. Because of sin and the worship of these idol gods, sin infiltrated even the New Testament Church. Artamus, the daughter of Zeus, was mythical, but believed in by members of the Old Testament time. Diana was the chastity goddess. Aphrodite the goddess of love sex was different gods that were worshipped at the same time Christianity was being introduced.
The whole time that Jesus was going through every element of his ministry; this idle worship was going in the backdrop of the Christian faith. They had orgies in some temples and there were temple prostitutes. When you see where these scriptures that we read today came from, then you get a better understanding of the reason they are there. We still have a form of temple prostitutes in church today. These are people that try to pick up men from church. They do this because of the spirit inside of them.
III. What can adultery cost?
1. Your wealth. 7 So now, my sons, listen to me. Never stray from what I am about to say: 8 Run from her! Don’t go near the door of her house! 9 If you do, you will lose your honor and hand over to merciless people everything you have achieved in life. Prov 5:7-9 (NLT)-You may have money now, but when you get involved with adultery, you eventually get caught, you get divorced, and you will lose your case, and as a result you have to pay. Then you find that people will be living in the house that your money bought. This is all a result of trying to get piece.
2. Cost you your home. 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matt 19:3-6 (KJV)-. When God brought you together, there was a purpose in marriage. God said when you let somebody come between you and your marriage; it means that you have made them bigger than his covenant. Marriage is a covenant. Some people that are married try to justify their actions by questioning whether God really brought the marriage together. When you come to the alter and allow the preacher to pronounce you man and wife, you need to be sure. You are entering a covenant. There are some churches folk that are guilty of urging people to get married that are not sure. These same people often wish they would have waited themselves. When you come together in marriage, it is supposed to be forever.
3. Adultery costs you your family. You don’t understand the impact divorce has on your children. It takes a child 10-15 yrs to get past the divorce of their parents. After while you see them acting crazy and looking for a daddy in a man and etc… Marriage is bigger than you.
4. Can cost you your reputation. 14 I was almost in all evil in the midst of the congregation and assembly. Prov 5:14 (KJV). There are some folk that just wait for the opportunity to see you doing something wrong. Adultery can tarnish your reputation. ; 27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Prov 6:27 (KJV)-We tried to convince our self we can manage fornication and adultery. We know what fornication is, so what we do is play with fire? We convince our self only if we don’t have intercourse, then we have done nothing wrong. We think we are cool, because we didn’t jump totally in. We just went to the edge of the cliff. Next week, we get even closer to the edge. Now you start changing the boundary. We think it is not that bad, because we are in the shallow so to speak. Next week, the boundary is changing even more. Now you are in at your knees and next your waist. We still think we have it under control and we keep resetting the boundaries. Next you are in this think called adultery up to our neck and you convince yourself that you can still see Jesus and it is not too late yet. You don’t realize how deep you are in at this point. Then you look at folk that are trying to help you as people who trying to judge you. These people are simple trying to throw you a life line before it is too late. You look up and the waves are coming in and before you know it, you realize you haven’t been to church, haven’t prayed, or read your bible in a long while. This all happened, because you started on the edge and just kept getting deeper and deeper into adultery. Some people are so involved they leave straight from church and dive right into the deep end.
IV. 5 ways you can prevent fornication and adultery:
1. Guard you mind. 6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Prov 4:6 (KJV). Every act of sexuality started in your mind. It is sensual. It is in your mind,
2. Guard your heart. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10 (KJV); 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:7 (KJV)-Samson told what was on his heart., 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 2 Tim 1:11-12 (KJV), 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:5-7 (KJV)-Tell god you need some help. When you look back at the people that broke your heart, you realize that they should have never had access to your heart in the first place. This is where the enemy wants to launch his attack.
3. Guard your mouth. 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29 (KJV)-you got to be careful of the stuff you use. The devil will use foul language to pull you in. You got to be careful! The devil will throw out a nasty statement to you, and get you to take the bait. For Example: “You can’t handle this”. “I, bet I can”. The next thing you know, you have to find yourself in a position that you have to prove yourself. When you get caught, you say you were just talking. The truth is, you were involved in adultery emotionally long before it happened physically. Many have had affairs mentally. The physical act is just the manifestation of the adultery that has already been created in your mind.
4. Guard your body. 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1 (KJV)- Your body has been sacrificed for (by Christ dying on Calvary). Your body does not belong to you. Ex- As a pastor of big church, Bishop Walker says he still shakes hands. He explains he promised God he would always do this. As a result he has intercessors to cover him, because some people are to transfer spirits. Spirits do transfer. When you sleep with someone, you can inherit their spirits good and bad.
5. Guard your future- 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalms 84:11 (KJV) -If we walk upright, what he has for us, he will give us. The best way to understand this is with this analogy.
There is a couple that is about to be married. They have been to counseling and everything appears to be going well, but imagine if the spirit of the groom is able to step outside of himself and tell this story…
I was 12 yrs old when I had my first sexual experience. I wasn’t anything big, but it just kind of happened (this girl starts a line of spirits). When I was 15, the guys tease me about not getting none and I eventually in up getting with a girl done the street (now her spirit enters the line).When I was 17, I wasn’t going to leave the prom without a story so I had another sexual encounter (her spirit enters the line). When I went to college I saw this honey when I was just a freshman and so I had another encounter (keep in mind, every represents another spirit in my line of spirits). I had another encounter when I became a Junior in college. She was just a study partner, but it was too late for her to leave and about 4 in the morning, I had another encounter. I didn’t tell her I like her roommate too, so that was another sexual encounter. I graduate from college, get my first job, first condo and I am doing it and then I have another encounter. Now I am 24 and I got this situation with this chick and wham, I have another encounter even though I am in church. Now here I am at the altar with this innocent young lady about to marry her and I look back and I have all these spirits in my long line of spirits that are about to marry her too.
3 months into the relationship, I wonder what has gone wrong? There are a piece of all those spirits in my long line of spirits that I want to be found in my new wife, but this is not fair. This is not who she is. Now I find myself in ungodly padlock instead of holy wedlock. How can I rid myself of these spirits? My first encounter was when I was twelve. I haven’t seen her in years, but she is still in me. What do I do? Lord we are sorry for hurting these people. We were having fun, but now I can’t love right now, because these sprits are causing me to put expectations my wife that she had nothing to do with.
All we have to do is ask the Lord to forgive us and make us whole and one by one day by day, these spirits will us and then we will begin to understand what was meant when the scripture says come to me all that are heavy laden. I know you are thinking, how long is your line? If you surrender to God, it doesn’t matter. God will set you free.